Dont know which way i want to go on FI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know which way i want to go on FI

ok everyone here is my problem I am going to force induct my car one way or anther. Just looking to see what some of you guys think. Im not sure if i want to turbo my car or supercharge it. All i know is that I want about 450-500 rwhp with my car

If i turbo it i was thnking about the GMR speed single turbo kit. A cam and some head and trans work

If I supercharge it I was thinking about the vortech V-9 kit with aftercooler jet hot headers, off road y-pipe.
    But some people say that Procharger is better. No one around here has either.

I just want to see what you all think and which one you would do.
    thanks for any opinions and advice.
    Tony

99 T/A WS-6
    SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
    2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
    88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

You could always look into one of the STS rear mounted turbos. The stuff I read on the site is pretty interesting, I'm sure some of the S/C guys here will give their input as well on the different FI options.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/...sp?ProdID=1230

mybe im just a littel crazy, but i cant get my mind off that one. up to 4-30 psi, ls1 heads will lift around 15. better then turbo and other super chargers
      2000 trans am auto, Afr 205,tr 220/220 112, mti lid, 160t,umi sfc,hooker headers and ory y,loud mouth. bellow,pr's,harland rockers,new lifters,ls6 oilpump,rollermaster doubler roller, msd wires.

Comment

im not a big fan of the sts although ive heard a lot of good things about them a friend of mine had one and he just does not like it he took it off after about 2 weeks. he is now thinking about a more traditional turbo set up under the hood.

the whipple would look mean as hell under the hood. if there was some more info on it or if someone had it on ls1 car i would like to see what they have to say about it.

99 T/A WS-6
        SLP strut tower brace, SLP sub-frame connectors, SLP intake, SLP Loudmouth exhaust, shift kit, SLP suspension system, SLP y-pipe
        2004 Mineral Gray Mustang Mach1 (stock, but ordering the SLP Loudmouth)
        88 IROC-Z, ZZ430 CRATE MOTOR, Flowmaster exhaust, MOSER 12-bolt with gears, and a few other mods.

Comment

If the car will be mainly street driven, you will have a lot more fun with the linear power that a supercharger makes. Turbo's have the potential to make a bunch more power and get slightly better fuel economy if setup right. With today's technology, turbo lag is all but eliminated, but you still need to build boost to unleash max power. I'm a big fan of turbo cars as they are super fast, but I am a bit partial to keeping that mean muscle car sound and the linear power that a supercharger delivers on the street.

And yes, ProCharger is absolutely the way to go for a SC. Hands down the best engineered SC around. Don't bother with ordering the "all-in-one" kits. Vortech, ProCharger, and Paxton all have aftermarket FMU's that are minimally better than stock. Build your own fuel setup.

Comment

Yea the whipple just came out like last month, and im to see it on an ls1. I dont like how they set up the sight because its a littel confusing. Though they say it only requires 1hp when just crewsing for good mpg. Insent boost, and up to 30 psi, well we will never need that much, but at least you know its their. They put all the technogley in to that one, and will be a very good competitor.
            2000 trans am auto, Afr 205,tr 220/220 112, mti lid, 160t,umi sfc,hooker headers and ory y,loud mouth. bellow,pr's,harland rockers,new lifters,ls6 oilpump,rollermaster doubler roller, msd wires.

Comment

Working...
            X