Keyless Entry problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless Entry problem

Hey all... I'm new at this place so don't mind me gettin used to how things are run here at first. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew what the range is suppose to be on the stock keyless entry remote... I have to walk right up to the window for it to work and pretty sure it's not suppose to be like that... Anyone have any ideas??? Thanx
    - 1995 Trans Am - V8 5.7L - Ttops - Leather - Dark Green - Flowmaster w/ Catback - KN Filter - Headers - Peformance Chip -

open it up and change the battery. That will retsore the full range of 25+ feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw187
      Hey all... I'm new at this place so don't mind me gettin used to how things are run here at first. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone knew what the range is suppose to be on the stock keyless entry remote... I have to walk right up to the window for it to work and pretty sure it's not suppose to be like that... Anyone have any ideas??? Thanx
      My stock one was about 10 feet even with a new battery. I chunked it and put in a clifford alarm. Now it works about 100 yards away.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

well, I don't know if this is safe for me or not, LOL, but if you place the transmitter under your chin, the range is much much longer.

LOL!!!

it's crazy, but it works...lets hope it doesn't fry brain cells.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

oh yeah...it's probably your battery. use a nickel to pop open the transmitter without scratching or denting the plastic casing.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Changed Battery in Transmitter

Ok, so I've changed the battery on the transmitter and all seems to be well. The remote now works from only about 15 feet but its better than walking rightup to the car. Thanx all for the help
            - 1995 Trans Am - V8 5.7L - Ttops - Leather - Dark Green - Flowmaster w/ Catback - KN Filter - Headers - Peformance Chip -

Comment

Oh by the way... placing the transmitter under ur chun duz seem to give it a lil bit more range... may be cuz the signals are going thru ur eyeballs.. weird huh???

Comment

Originally posted by LimTeng99TransAm
                well, I don't know if this is safe for me or not, LOL, but if you place the transmitter under your chin, the range is much much longer.

LOL!!!

it's crazy, but it works...lets hope it doesn't fry brain cells.
                LOL!! I thought this whole time that I was the only one who did that!!

Imagine if you have braces!!

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw187
                  Oh by the way... placing the transmitter under ur chun duz seem to give it a lil bit more range... may be cuz the signals are going thru ur eyeballs.. weird huh???
                  Next time, test it by looking away from your car when pressing the button with the fob under your chin. Then look at the car and see if it unlocks. Maybe you have some X-men powers.

...really, I have done the chin thing and it does work. (I always look around to be sure no one is watching)
                  Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

i do the chin thing too
                    1998 TA M6 SLP Lid, Cold Air and Bellow, Flowmaster 3", Centerforce DF, Fast Toys MAF ends, JET skip shift eliminator 312rwhp/366rwtq

92 Lincoln Mark VII LSC For Sale

Visit Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords

Comment

Working...
                    X