Camaro Accident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro Accident

Hi all... Its been a while since I had posted on this forum, but I wanted to get yal's opinion on this subject.

The subject is my V6 Camaro 2001...
    Problem is that I was recently rear end. The car that rear ended me was an SUV about the size of a Ford Escape.

That vehicle's front bumper went over the top of mine and caused the whole right side's body panels to shift forward about a half of an inch and the left rear quarter panel to get bent a little near where the door meets the rear quarter panel. The T-Tops seem to have gotten shifted slightly too. The hood on one side is about 1 - 1.25 inches in front of the headlights (almost looks like the 93 - 97 Camaros with recessed in headlights). The other side is only slightly off...

The interior panels got julted out of place (the center and passenger vent surrounds) and the center console where the gear shift lever is located at seems shifted as well.

and the car takes more effort to drive in a straight line.

I was wondering if you all thought it was worth fixing.
    Thanks
    MaraSport

Frame damage. Car is probably totalled. I would take it to a body shop, but 99% chance they're going to take one look at it and tell you the same thing I just did, totalled. The V6 cars aren't worth a whole lot, and by the time you figure in all the time on the frame machine, plus all the body repairs, it will more than surpass the 75% limitation on repair, plus, if the wrong shop does it, the car will never be right again. Hope the folks in the SUV have good insurance.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

nope...if all of the above is correct, you shouldn't be on the road. Did your insurance company decare it okay to drive? I'd figure it would be a total lost. Sounds like the damage is more than meets the eye.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

The state trooper told me that I could drive it back home as long as someone followed me. Since only a few taillights worked. Then the following day I called the body shop man and they came an got it.
        Thanks
        MaraSport

Comment

I dont care who fixes it....the car will never be right again.

If the insurance tries to fix it, fight to have it totaled.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

I agree it is likely totalled, and if it not, and they try to fix it it will never be the same. You got rear-ended hard enough that the hood doesnt line up anymore!?! That's a pretty good hit.

Lets see some pictures.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:
            SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Sorry for it taking so long. But Yes you all where right the insurance company totalled it. They said it was much worser under it than you could see looking around it.

I hate to say it but 2.5 years of a Camaro v6 I love it, I now have a Mustang V6 2004 3.9L engine and hate it... and I am missing my V6 Camaro...

But thanks for all of your responses.
              Thanks
              MaraSport

Comment

NOOO!!!! how could you go to the dark side...
                well I guess to each there own
                1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

I would total it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
                    I would total it.
                    The Mustang?
                    SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                    SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                    17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                    Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                      The Mustang?
                      yup.

Comment

I don't enjoy it like I loved my Camaro... When Chevy brings back the Camaro I will go back more than likely, unless by some weird possibility I start liking the little stallion...
                        Thanks
                        MaraSport

Comment

I feel sick
                          Screaming Mad
                          Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
                          Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
                          0-60 7.74
                          1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

Working...
                          X