95 Formula LT1 auto, no shift at wot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Formula LT1 auto, no shift at wot

My 95 Formula shifts ok at normal throttle, wot I must let up to shift. I have scanned both motor and trans, both ok. help!!

This will probably get moved to the tech forum, it should be thre anyway and will get more traffic. How many miles on it? What kind of mods? When was the last time it had a tuneup? Hows the transmission fluid level/condition?

Start there and then see where it takes you, always want to do the basics first.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Here is a recent thread about the same thing. http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15488
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

If you did not rework your tranny or PCM, it could be old plugs/wires or ICM/coil.

The exact same thing happened to me every time I went to the strip years ago. Very, very annoying and hurt ETs badly. What was happening to me was...the needle would shoot to ~6k RPMs and start bouncing (like off a rev limiter). I initially assumed it was the rev limiter. It would do that for as long as I'd hold my foot on the gas. It turns out that the real RPM was at around 5600-5700, and the plugs/wires or ignition was too weak to carry the RPMs above that point. Since it would never hit the shift point RPM, the tranny would never shift. I'm not sure if this is your case, but it took me a while to figure that out.
        94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
        X