Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are yal fellow V6 Quarter and 0-60 and 1/8 mile times...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are yal fellow V6 Quarter and 0-60 and 1/8 mile times...?

What are yal 0-60 and 1/8 mile and quarter mile times...? I was just wondering... Personally, I would like to keep this on the V6 basis since I have a 2001 Camaro V6 with an automatic transmission... So has any body seen or raced or timed a 3800 series 2 V6 with an automatic in a 1998-2002 body, thanks...

Later,
    Thanks
    MaraSport

hey buddy of mine has a 2000 firebird...looks good and pretty quick. ran it along side my GTA and I'll tell you...it's almost as quick, 15.3 @ 91.22 was is best time..but he hung around 15.5 @ 90 most of time...this is in stock form with an auto. Not bad...we're gonna do some times in a few weeks..he got some mod under the hood and about to install a magnaflow exhaust. I'll tell you how it runs...I wanna run 13s in my TA, he wanna get into 14s. About 0-60..I unno, willing to bet you can stick low 7s easy.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Best time so far in sig. Not exactly a series II or series I, for that matter. But it is a 3.8 V6
      Rob
      04 GTO

Comment

There was an article in Chevy High Tech back in 99 or 00 about the V6 Camaro's. They can give pre-99 Mustang GT's a run for their money! I was able to witness it first hand on a couple occasions.

I took the opportunity to test drive a 98 GT once. (I hadn't driven a V8 Camaro before) Boy was I surprised! I thought the V8 would have some real kick.... It felt pretty much like my V6 as far as power/acceleration. So, really, the V6 is no slouch! Alas, my old Camaro is running around Pensacola somewhere....Hope it's still in 1 piece!
        Joe K.
        '11 BMW 328i
        '10 Matrix S AWD
        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I ran a 15.80 @ 87 mph a few years ago. The 1/8th was 10.2 @ 69 mph if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Hay thanks yal...

Hay thanks yal...

I was wondering because I was setting up this computer program that is suppose to predict about how much horsepower your car has and what 1/8 and quarter times would be... I use to used it for my imports that I had...

Thanks again...
            Thanks
            MaraSport

Comment

Bill Spano had a V6 Firebird that was running mid or low 13s (I can't remember exactly), but the thing is that he weighs 400 pounds. I haven't seen a post by him in a long time though.

Comment

Working...
              X