Fender replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender replacement

Hey i'm looking to replace the passanger fender on my 94 trans am and i was wondering if anybody had replaced a fender on a firebired before

Originally posted by ashaman456
    Hey i'm looking to replace the passanger fender on my 94 trans am and i was wondering if anybody had replaced a fender on a firebired before
    I have replaced one on a 97 - driver's side - wasn't hard

To be added soon-Firebird Graphic

Comment

I haven't done any body work myself before. What did it take, as in what tools were needed and how did u do it, if u could help me out here i'd be very grateful,

Comment

Well, for me, it wasn’t that difficult. I have done a lot of auto body work in my life, as well as designing and building of some large machinery. Although, you don’t have to be able to do all of that to be able to remove and replace (R & R) a fender. I don’t remember what size bolts there were to R & R the fender though, and I don't remember what order I removed them. I just grabbed my tool set, which contains most all of the standard and metric socket sizes and wrenches, ratchets, etc., and found what I needed in the set, and went to work. If you are mechanically inclined, you should be able to handle it just fine, or if you can get someone who is mechanically inclined to help you, that will work to. Otherwise, to avoid much frustration, you may want to take it to a body shop for help. The cheapest body shop in town could be able to handle the job just fine.
        I’m sorry that I couldn’t be any more help than that

To be added soon-Firebird Graphic

Comment

Working...
        X