O2 sims question..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 sims question..

I've never really talked to anybody about the O2 sims. I have one on each rear sensor. My question is does anybody put these on the front sensors, the ones in the manifolds? I have one of the front ones throwing a code, I know its for the heater element not heating up, but I am now without a Tech 2, and I'm not exactly sure which front one it is. So can I just get two more sims and put them in, or will it not work for the sensors that are pre cats? Thanks for any info!
    2004 GTO - stock,FOR SALE.

1996 WS6 T/A - M6, LT4 Hot Cam, 4.10's, B&M Ripper, K&N, SLP Loudmouth, Eibach springs, Air foil, LG Plug wires, LG Engine bay brace, LG control arms, Harlan shift light.

You can't do that. The rear 02 sensors are only used to determine catalyst effeciency. That's why you can use a simulator. You'll have to use a regular sensor for the primary..... that is directly responsible for reading the exhaust gas mixture.

Comment

Thanks Joe.

Now my next question is how difficult is it to get to the front two sensors? I have all the tools and know how, just have never done it on an LT1, well...a lowered LT1 with no lift, and was wondering if there are any tips. It looks like a fun adventure! Anybody with an LT1 change their front O2 sensors before?
      2004 GTO - stock,FOR SALE.

1996 WS6 T/A - M6, LT4 Hot Cam, 4.10's, B&M Ripper, K&N, SLP Loudmouth, Eibach springs, Air foil, LG Plug wires, LG Engine bay brace, LG control arms, Harlan shift light.

Comment

Which exact codes are you getting?

Comment

Working...
        X