Removing engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing engine

Whats teh best way to go about removing the engine(LT1) from a 95 Pontiac Trans Am Formula? I notice that the eninge is some what under the cowl. So was wondering what all do I have to remove first and is there away for the engine to be removed from bottom?
    1995 Pontiac Trans Am Formula

u can get it out from the top but the correct way(i think) and prob the easiest is to drop it from the bottom
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

There is no correct way or a "by the book" way. Some prefer the top, some prefer the bottom. Both will argue the other is easier.

Comment

I dropped mine out the bottom, engine, tranny, and k-member all together. I have a guide put together that might help you. I need to upload it still.

edit:
        http://home.comcast.net/~saccani/Jef...l_Pictures.doc
        http://home.comcast.net/~saccani/Jef...ne_Removal.doc

I had to drop the resolution of the pictures or the file was too big to upload to my account.
        '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

How thats some really helpful information, because from looking at it it looked as if the easiest way would be to remove it from the bottom...thanks for the info it will deffinatly help...did you have to remove the radiator and shroud during this removal because it doesn't look like it in the pics...
          1995 Pontiac Trans Am Formula

Comment

Originally posted by Atl_Monte
            How thats some really helpful information, because from looking at it it looked as if the easiest way would be to remove it from the bottom...thanks for the info it will deffinatly help...did you have to remove the radiator and shroud during this removal because it doesn't look like it in the pics...
            Radiator and condenser can stay in place.
            '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

Working...
            X