blend air removable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blend air removable?

ok im pulling the ac today have the 1le delete pulley on order but im trying to really clear the motor bay up get the a.ir. egr and ac out however im stuck at that blend air case on the pass side, is that removable it looks like its one piece in a hole through the firewall, has anyone pulled this out and put a plate over that or is that not feasable or what do you guys think? thanks

-chris

I have the same problem, on delete pully to arrive, when it gets here i will tackle the ugly plastic piece.

Comment

yea but what could we plug that hole in the firewall up with? a plate tig welded? a plate using existing bolts? would it be nhra acceptable you think?

Comment

Chris, it can removed very easily. Obviously you need to remove the A/C lines going to the evaporator bulkhead first. Then there are a few small bolts and studs holding in the evaporator core to the firewall. It will pull out on the engine bay side of the firewall. As long you seal the firewall back up, it will pass tech.

Run 8.49 or quicker, and you can do what you wish with the firewall and floorpan as long as you have a 25.4 cage or better.

Here is the way my evaporator core was welded up. It was just a piece of 1/8" 6561 aluminum heli-arced to the firewall. The entire engine bay was then reapainted.

These are chickensh!t pictures and are old, but you get the idea. I would take new pics for you, but the car is over getting a 25.2 cage in it, the firewall and floorpan are all different now, and it is dirty as hell.

Comment

Billingsly makes a "delete" plate.

Do you need to keep the box to keep the heat? Or are you deleting both?

http://www.billingsleyracing.com/interandsafety.html

A bit pricey though.

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

oh ok i wasnt sure it it pulled out through the cabin side or firewall side... where are the bolts on the cabin side? the haynes manual is very vague with the removal of it.... that was exactly what i was looking for injuneer thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X