Hey guys, just got a quick ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, just got a quick ?

I know this is an f-bod site, but I know a lot of you guys are very knowledgeable, and I thought I would pick your brains on this. I have a 2002 Grand Am GT. On the car, my moonroof is the kind that tilts up, then opens up all the way over the top of the car. Well, last night a buddy and I were headin somewhere on the highway, doin about 70, and when I would hit certain points on the highway, we would hear a "whistling" sound. it almost sounded like hair was getting under something or into something. It did this with both windows CLOSED and the moonroof all the way open, AND with both windows half dow and the moonroof wide open. I've never noticed this before, and I've owned the car for over a year. It is under warranty and I plan on taking it, BUT i know the dealership will of course NOT be able to duplicate the problem. I just thought I would see if any of you had any clue what this might be? Thanks for your time.!

Jeff
    One SWEET 02 GAGT w/ tons of mods!

jeff it could just be a draft of wind going sideways or against your car...same with my f-bods with the tops off and windows up...a side wind from anything (nature, 18 wheeler, vans) and there would be a buffetting (spell check)...I'm assuming that you have a sunroof, you have more nooks and crannies that wind can get into causing it to whistle...just my thought.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
    X