Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catco or Eastern?...

Hey Everyone,
    I need to get a replacement catalytic converter for my beater. I replaced it about 6 months ago, but I put a really cheap one on there and it didn't last. I am getting a loud echoing sound when I accelerate. I am guessigng that the converter is hollowed out. I was going to put a GM one on, but they want $300 for it! That is what I paid for the car! haha I looked on E-Bay and found two that will work a Catco and an Eastern. Has anyone had experience with either of these companies?
    No F-Body right now

i had a catco on both my t/as i havent had a problem with them and i would recomend them, the other one i dont kno bout
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I just installed a Catco on my V6 car. It seemed to be of good overall quality and the install was a snap.
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Mark, I have a new Eastern 2-1/2" in/out cat if you're interested in it for $40.
        69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
        70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
        2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

Sorry already bought a catco from Summit. It should arrive today.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
          X