Plug/Wire Change.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug/Wire Change.......

Hey guys....I just recently had a bad misfire at idle in my 97 Trans Am. The computer read it was the number 4 cyclinder. Well i got a set of ac delco plugs and wires and went at it. I tell you what......what a pain! We did find the problem however.....the number 4 wire was spliced in the middle of it, like something had cut it? Turns out in the 3 hours we worked on it....with a break in between......we got the 1,3,5,4 plugs and wires changed....and the plug on number 6. The others were either coverd by exaust or power steering. GM wasnt really thinkin bout the average tuneup on these cars when they designed them I guess. Oh well.....i will just pay someone to finish the job....not really worth cuts and bruises on my arms. haha. anyhow, thanks for all of your comments on what plugs and wires to get....
    Jason

Hate to say I told ya so.... so I won't,........ but I did. I don't know how many times someone says " The plugs and wires were done 10K miles ago, that couldn't be a problem." Often times it is! Glad you got that one fixed, now if we can just solve the EGR code.

Comment

Working...
    X