exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust

can i put an ss exhaust system on my 1994 camaro 3.4 liter??
    Richard!!!!!

yes you can...

are you planning to install it from cat back? If you are, I'm sure a V8 intermediate pipe is larger than a V6. If that's the case it should make your car breathe easier. Not sure about the muffler...I think they are the same. Tips of course are different too...you get duals. Hangers shouldn't relocate.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

yea its gonna b from the cat back and thank you
      Richard!!!!!

Comment

You are probably going to need an adapter if you are hooking up at the cat. You might be able to make it work with a 3" to 2.5" adapter from a local shop but in the end you are going to be doing some cutting, welding, and extra clamping.

Might be best to take the thing into a muffler shop and ask them what they'd charge to get it put on. On slow days some smaller shops will take interesting jobs like that for a low price, since it's mostly labor.

Comment

It will fit with the revised hangers. However, it gets a bit raspy at 3K and above. Can't say it's real pleasing. Mine uses a Z28 intemediate pipe back but then swapped out a muffler back Borla system originally produced for the early 4th gen Lt-1 cars as a muffler back system. It's not the megabuck adjustable cat back, it's just a muffler, tailpipes (smaller than the adjustable) and those quad tips. That cut the rasp and it still howls above 3K rpms. I picked mine up used from a member here on the board, I see them for 200-250 from time to time. It's all stainless so it will last.

Comment

Working...
          X