help with wiring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with wiring

need help wiring up my new preowned 305 tpi i attached some pics its from an 85 camaro
    Attached Files

more pictures of wires
    Attached Files

Comment

last 2 pictures
      Attached Files

Comment

So you are putting a 305 tpi motor out of an '85 into what? Another 3rd gen?

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

yeah into another 3rd gen 91 firebird came with a 305 tbi and has auto trans thought i put that in

Comment

another side note i have no power so i know at least one of these wires are very important

Comment

Originally posted by riceeaterfordbeater
              yeah into another 3rd gen 91 firebird came with a 305 tbi and has auto trans thought i put that in
              So, did you remove the TBI harness and computer to replace them with a TPI harness and computer?
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

If you have not done that, that's what you are going to have to do.

If you need a wiring harness, Painless Performance has 85 tpi harnesses. Some of this wiring stuff you will be getting into is a pain in the ass just to let you know. I put an LT1 into my 87 IROC and had a hell of a time. I ended up having a speed shop finish it for me.

87 z28 w/93 LT1 and 700r4

Comment

i should have all the wiring i need... i got the kit from fbodymotorsports and they said it was complete...the computer and all the wiring is hooked up except for those few wires and the old tbi wiring is gone

Comment

f-bodymotorsports isnt good at all. they just dont care anymore, i deal with hawks and they treat me like family. if u want my buddy just completed his tbi to 383 tpi swap if u want email me and ill give u his contact info. prostrtracer05@hotmail.com
                    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

i should have all the wiring i need... i got the kit from fbodymotorsports and they said it was complete...the computer and all the wiring is hooked up except for those few wires and the old tbi wiring is gone
                      Didnt fbodymotorsports provide labeled instructions and explanations of where all the plugs go?
                      Tracy
                      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                      Current Mods:
                      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

i got nothing

Comment

i got nothing
                          I'd be calling them. They must have forgotten to include the instructions. I cannot imagine selling something as complex as a wire harness and not including instructions.
                          Tracy
                          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                          Current Mods:

Comment

good idea ive given them 5 g's worth of business in 2 months, im going to call in the am.

Comment

that is why i strictly deal with hawks now. hope they clear it up
                              2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                              X