Help Me Diagnose Car Problem!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Diagnose Car Problem!

Was at a red light sitting at idle, and the car sounded like it was about to stop runnning. 1 mile later the service engine soon light comes on, and stays lit for about 1 mile then turns off. Drive the car some more, and its starts to shake a little bit when I hit the gas, and the sound/feeling the car is about to stop running. Shut the car off in my driveway, and it restarts easily, and the service engine light remains off. Drive around the block some more, and I hit the gas a little feel like a little bit of shaking/stuttering kind of the feeling when your about to run out of gas. (Driving kind of rough not smooth.) (Have a pretty full tank of gas in the car. lol) Parked it in the garage weary about driving it now. What do you think the problem is? I'm thinking fuel pump since its the original, or possible oxygen sensor also the originals?????
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

It could be any of several problems. Anything is just a guess without getting it scanned. Opti, plug wires, coil, EGR, there's a bunch of stuff it could be.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Another vote to get it on a scanner.

Comment

I will tomorrow! Hope its nothing expensive.
        94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

Another vote here, if the engine light is on, a place like autozone will scan it for free.
          -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Lights not on now, but it was.

Comment

Originally posted by EquatorHeat00
              Lights not on now, but it was.
              Just because you do not have a active code (SES light on), does not mean there are not stored codes. When you scan, look for your engine code and misfire history.

Comment

Thats what i was thinking too, I wasn't sure though if the codes got stored or not. It might even be worth the money to pick up your own scanner, then you can figure out whats goin on at least a little faster. I'm going to make sure I get one when the LT1 im building now gets hooked up.
                -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

There is no misfire detection on a 94/OBD-I car.
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Good catch, I was under the impression he had a 2000 based upon the "00" in his name.

Comment

Car is running like normal today, but took it in anyways.

Computer engine analysis.

Sheet says this: Retrieve codes. Code 64. Lean exhaust bank 2. Possible causes vacuum leak, fuel pressure low, dirty fuel injectors, bad gas (not likely gas was pretty full). Clear codes. If problem recurs, further diags required.

They want me to come back in if the SES light goes back on.

Comment

Working...
                      X