3/4 inch or 1 inch header bolts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 inch or 1 inch header bolts?

going to insatll header this coming week. looking at getting stage 8 header bolts. what should i use 3/4 inch or 1 inch header bolts? installing mid lenght pacesetter coated headers.
    ed
    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

I know everyone will agree to this: 1 inch.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

I used 3/4" ARP bolts last spring and have had not problems thus far. I would have gone for 1" if I could have found the right part # for ARPs, but these seem to be working just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LoudLT1
        going to insatll header this coming week. looking at getting stage 8 header bolts. what should i use 3/4 inch or 1 inch header bolts? installing mid lenght pacesetter coated headers.
        ed
        Hey, I am looking at installing some pacesetter mids this spring, you will havta let me no how they sound. Good luck with the install
        1995 Trans Am, 75k, T-tops, 6-speed, Pace Setter Long Tubes and ORY, Custom Flow-TECH Terminator Exhaust, Hurst Shifter, Cags plus free mods........Up next; Tune and CAI

Comment

going to get the 1 inch then. thanks guys..
          transam95 i'll let you know how it sounds as soon as they are on.
          headers and loudmouth
          ed
          1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

1" stainless steel all the way. I went with the ARP cause they have 5/16" heads which makes wrench or socket clearance top knotch.
            1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
            Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
            Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Definately get back to us on how it sounds and how the install went. i'm looking at putting the same headers on my car or maybe pacesetter longtubes. Are you going with an off-road y-pipe or not?
              1993 Formula - 99k
              Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

Comment

I have the Pacesetter longtubes and the flange is pretty thick. I used 3/4" bolts and they seem to be holding fine but I would recommend 1" due to the thick flanges. Right now I have the Pacesetter ORY and it sounds pretty sweet. But I'm putting dual 3" cats in shortly to stay close to legal. You can just smell that the exhaust is not legal and the high flow cats don't rob much power if any at all.
                69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
                70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
                2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Comment

blackfire 93,
                  will let you know how the install goes. just orderd the stage 8 1 inch bolts. it does come with y-pipe and i will leave the hi flo cat along with my slp loudmouth.
                  ed

Comment

Be advised:
                    You will find yourself expanding your "potty mouth" vocabulary quite a bit in the process of installing the retainers and e-clips on those stage eights. But at least you headers wont come loose.
                    1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
                    Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
                    Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

Originally posted by wrd1972
                      Be advised:
                      You will find yourself expanding your "potty mouth" vocabulary quite a bit in the process of installing the retainers and e-clips on those stage eights. But at least you headers wont come loose.
                      I have to admit that the clips are the biggest PITA of the whole install. It really helps if you have little hands and use the end of a small socket to push the clips into place.

I also like the idea of a greater amount of the fastener inserted into the head, so 1" are my choice.

Comment

Like everyone else, I used 1". I didn't use arp, I just bought grade 8 bolts, strongest ones they had at the hardware store, and some stainless lock washers. 1 year, 10k later, still holding strong. I haven't checked prices for ARP, but the bolts I used were like 1.50/piece, so it probably wasn't much cheaper than ARP, but I didn't want to wait to order the bolts.
                        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

well,
                          i hope that my frinds hands are smaller than mine
                          i'm going to have 4 days to get them in while my computer is out for tunning.
                          so no rush. lucky its not my daily driver. me and a friend will take are time. plus i have plenty of band aids ready...
                          ed

Comment

Are the mids and the long tube flanges the same? Cause I just ordered long tube pacesetters a few days ago. Pretty sure I should go with the 1'' bolts but just wanna be sure.
                            96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Comment

i use preform header gaskets they are alu. layered type, never had a leak. i also use stage 8 bolts but now i just use the bolts .

Comment

Working...
                              X