LS1 Injectors in an LT1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS1 Injectors in an LT1

This is more of a piece of info. rather than a question. I've been running LS1 injectors, part # 12561462, for almost a year now. I noticed the other day that I had an injector leaking from the fuel rail...so bad that fuel was spraying on the intake manifold!! Needless to say, I used half a day of personal time off yesterday to fix it...and found 4 more injectors loose from the fuel rail as well. After cleaning everything up, re-seating the injectors into the rail and re-assembling everything, the Z felt like a beast again.

Some have said to just jam the injectors in and that should keep them in. Well, after talking with Craig, he found a solution on another board. For anyone who decides to use LSX-style injectors, get yourself 8 1/2" steel E-clips. One on the bottom groove of each injector will keep the injector from falling out of the rail by pressing against the injector port on the intake manifold. They're usually only $0.30/clip and well worth not losing fuel mileage, having to re-seat the injectors and definitely not worth the possible risk of the fuel igniting if there should be a spark for some reason. Just thought I'd pass this on for anyone who is or will be running LSX-style injectors.

And thanks again Craig
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

NP man, but thank the guy on cz28 who called up SLP and found out

Glad they work
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
    X