Slicks on stock 16's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slicks on stock 16's

I put my zr1's on a while back and my stock wheels and tires are just sitting in the garage collecting dust. I'm looking at getting some drag slicks for them but I don't know the sizes or what company to go with. I was also wondering if you could direct me to where I could buy them at. Thanks.
    1993 Formula - 99k
    Throttle body bypass, K&N FIPK II, SLP Loudmouth, Mad Z28 Chip, 3.73 motives, TPI airfoil, Spohn LCA relocation brackets, Fuddle 3200 Stall, B&M Supercooler, LS1 driveshaft, and chrome ZR1's 17"/9.5" and 17/11" in the back!!!

You aren't going to find much in the way of true "slicks" in 16" sizes, but then you don't need them. You would use a DOT slick, like the Mickey Thompson ET Street 26x10.5-16. I've seen tests though that show that the ET Street Radials (drag radials) hook as well or better than the ET Streets. You would use their 255/50-16. Hoosier also makes the DOT Quick Time Pro.

Summit and JEG's have decent prices. You could also try McCormack Racing.... I see their ad with low prices in National Dragster all the time.

If you are running an M6, you will be looking for a new rear shortly after you install the slicks.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X