Throttle body- Mass air

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throttle body- Mass air

Are the 58MM Throttle body, and the larger mass airflow sensor worth changing? What gains have been achieved with these changes? My car is a 95Z with a cam, headers, and a few other mods.

For your current level of mods, a 58mm throttle body would be total overkill. It can have negative affects on shifting of the A4's, without PCM adjustment.

The stock MAF sensor, with the screen intact will also be fine. There is no need for a larger one.

With additional mod's, you could look at a 52mm TB. That's all that will fit on your stock intake manfiold without boring the openings for the throttle blades to 58mm. I did a lot of dyno testing with my 381 srtroker LT1, and at the 500HP level, the engine got all the air it needed with a 58mm TB open only to 77%. I could have made the same 500 flywheel HP with a 52mm TB at 100% open.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Info

Thanks for the info. It was kind of what I thought.

Comment

Depending on how much power you're actually making, AS&M also makes a super nice all Billet 54mm TB. You would have to open the throttle bores on the manifold 2mm's. If you have a fairly mild port job and mild cam, a 52mm should be sufficient.

Comment

granatelli maf sensor will help u a little.

Comment

Originally posted by speed racer
            granatelli maf sensor will help u a little.
            Do a search for Granatelli MAF on this site.

Comment

Working...
            X