• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
    Old guys... ............
    Card carrying member of the NHRA.....

....and AARP.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Old guys... ............

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

Comment

It was a great experience. It brought my dad and I pretty close. This where I learned the basics and sparked an interest that has turned into a great carreer as a teacher. Definately go for it....its a big time commitment, but worth it.

A word of warning though.... it did turn me into a big time Pontiac nut and speed freak. Never did anything tooo stupid though (especially with the goat).
        I am going to get him involved at a young age. I plan to build him a go-cart in the next three years, and get him involved with the SCCA Solo II stuff when he becomes eligible to participate. He is already showing a lot of interest in what I do. He will come out and play in the Blazer "Jonathan's Truck" for hours. He will come into the garage with a bucket of his plastic tools, and announce that he has tools and is ready to help. He is a lot of fun. I would rather him learn the right way, learn to race, and appreciate muscle cars then experiment on his own. I know he will probably be a terror regardless of what I do. I just hope to make him a controlled, knowledgeable, and appreciative terror
        '77 K5 rock-crawler project
        '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
        '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
        '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
        '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
        My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
          Card carrying member of the NHRA.....

....and AARP.
          You guys know im busting Ba**s!
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
          11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
          X