Where can I find parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find parts

Where do all you 3rd gen owners look for parts. I think Im looking in all the wrong places. Most the parts I find are OEM or just plain don't fit.
    88 camaro 2.8L V6 (an everyday driving project car )

It would help to know what you are looking for.

Aftermarket performance part? Places like Jegs or summit.

Body Parts, or replacement factory parts? Junkyards sometimes, or look around online....

So if you tell us what your looking for itd be easier to help you out.
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Im looking for everything... but for now a radiator would do Preferably 1 that does not have any plastic on it
      88 camaro 2.8L V6 (an everyday driving project car )

Comment

Originally posted by thenuge876
        It would help to know what you are looking for.

Aftermarket performance part? Places like Jegs or summit.
        /\ Summit and Jegs. hawksthirdgenparts.com , top-downsolutions.com , thunderracing.com , spohn.net, if you go to the front page here there are site sponsors down at the bottom of the page you can try too http://www.f-body.com/ . Good luck finding stuff for a V6. Sometimes you can adapt V8 stuff. Suspension (except springs) and body parts are the same. Search on thirdgen.org can turn things up for ya', some of the board sponsors there are 3rd gen specific too.

It's a good idea to put your car info in your signature, that way when you ask questions people know what you're working on without you having to list it each time. year, model, engine, tranny type is enough.

'87 Camaro - 2.8L MPFI, 700R4 swapped to T5, B&M Ripper Shifter, Dynomax Super Turbo muffler, CATCO high flow cat, K&N air filters, 180 degree thermostat w/200-180 fan switch, 3.42 rear end, Global West steering brace, polyurethane bushings/trans mount, Spohn adjustable torque arm.
        '88 Formula (stolen), '96 Camaro RS, (sold), '91 Firebird (sold),
        Bruce, μολων λαβέ

Comment

^^^^ Yes, everything he said then, i know how you feel man. I'm always looking around for a new set up or new parts, gotta get a bigger wallet though .. A good place to at least get a good start is summitracing.com becuase of the various search features they have, thunderraccing is easy to use as well. Then you can go from there and search for pricing after you find out what parts will fit and stuff. Good Luck!
          -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Working...
          X