big brake kits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big brake kits?

I'm getting ready to do brakes on my car, and I want to go with bigger rotors and at least a 4-piston setup in the front, and 2-piston setup in the rear. This car is a sunny weekend only car, and it is slowly becoming a serious track car. So far the only kits I've found are from Baer and Wilwood. The Wilwood kit is about $2000 for 6-piston front and 4-piston rear! The only Baer kit that has a multi-piston rear caliper is the Extreme+ kit and that's $3500+. I was just wondering if there were any other options that I missed for under 2 grand. I just don't know if I'm ready to spend $2000+ for brakes. Especially after I just spent $2000 for a coil-over kit. Any ideas?

1995 Pontiac T/A 18" SSR Integral wheels

Sorry, thought I still had a sig at the bottom describing my car.
    '95 Pontiac TA Arctic White T- tops
    18x9" SSR Integral wheels, 275/35/18 Pirellis, G2 Coil-Over kit with re-valved Bilsteins (1.5" drop front / 1.25" drop rear), Raptor 4L60E w/2800 stall, K&N FIPK, Trick Flow intake elbow, TB!, air foil, MSD plug wires, Power Programmer, Borla catback

Would be a lot easier for someone to help you if we knew what car you are buying brakes for???
    1994 Z28 Camaro-Project carbed 4th gen
    1995 Silverado-beater truck
    2005 Colorado Z71-Daily driver

Comment

dude! if you have pics of your TA with the SSR's post some pics. The Integral's are one of my fav wheels!

Not certain, but I'm sure a members here swapped their LT1 brakes for Corvettes...I'd like to see Z06 brakes on a F-body. Maybe that could be an option for you.

Lets see them pics!

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
      X