Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

computer/wireing harness messing up possibly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer/wireing harness messing up possibly?

Ok, well I tryed to route my fan switch through the firewall today. Took the computer out and all that whatnot, could not get it through. But anyways, once I put everything back together, when I first start the car it seems as if it has no power at all, and backfired once. Checked the connections and everything again. But for some reason still wanting have no power for first couple min. or so on start up. But runs just perfect after a while....I am clueless on to what I messed up now . Need help!! Any opinions appreciated even if your not sure what it might be. Also another thing to mention is I forgot to unplug the battery when I pulled the pcm. Would this have cause it to mess up?
    96 Camaro Z28, T-tops, 6 Speed, Slp CIA, Flowmaster cat-back, 3:42 gears

Did you simply pull the PCM out of the bracket, or did you also unplug the 4 connectors?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I had unpluged the connectors too. Sorry, forgot to mention that. Also I checked my fuses today, there was a blown fuse but it was for somthing irrelivant, cant exactly remember which fuse, I will post which one it was when I go out and look.

Comment

does anybody have any opinions on this situation? The car was running really well tonight, but for some reason its just on start up

Comment

Working...
        X