Catback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catback

which catback exhaust has the deeper rumble Borla or Corsa.
    I'm thinking of buying one.
    Thanks Ron

The corsa sounds much better than the Borla, IMO. The borla may be more rumbly tho.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

catback

how about Magnaflow. Ron

Comment

what do you have? LT1 or LS1?

I love my magnaflow. It's not a super loud system tho if that's what you're looking for. I love mine. I also have headers, so mine sounds extra wicked.

If I were to do it again, I'd get the magnaflow. I'm not big on Borla. If I were better off, I'da bought the Corsa.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

catback

Thank you.

Comment

Never heard Corsa on an V8 f-body but it sounds damn nice on Vettes. I figure it shouldn't sound TOO different. Borla sounds pretty sick on an LS1, never heard it on an LT1.
            '99 SSM Camaro V6 M5
            Stock with an irratic idle...
            (218/218 .528/.528 112LSA 112IC)

Comment

Jeg's has quad tip 3.5" LS1 corsa systems for 620 shipped. Dirt cheap, or at least better than the 800ish prices which are common. Not sure why they are so cheap.

Not premium or 4" tips which people seem to like, but I just got mine and the tips are plenty big and nice for me.

Comment

Borla with the cutout open sounds like all hell is breaking loose IMHO. Great rumble, and when mating with headers, it's as loud as heck. What's great is that you can close the exhaust with the e-cutout to change the tone completely and quiet it down some.
                94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Originally posted by 99v6cam
                  Never heard Corsa on an V8 f-body but it sounds damn nice on Vettes. I figure it shouldn't sound TOO different. Borla sounds pretty sick on an LS1, never heard it on an LT1.

See my post - I have the Corsa.
                  Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

They're both pretty well built catback's. IMO the Corsa is probably a little nicer quality and fit. The Borla has a little less refined, sort of throaty sound, whereas the Corsa has a little more of a refined crisp sound and is not quite as throaty.

Is this for an LS1 or LT1?

Comment

anyone ever hear of VFORCE? i didint until i bought my car.... its real deep, and gets loud when you get on it. i have no complaints on it.
                      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

I'm going to throw a vote out there for the SLP LoudMouth. I realize it's a different price range, but for the money, it sounds incredible.... Especially at WOT.
                        SOLD: 2002 Trans Am WS.6 - Black on Black - 6 Speed
                        SLP Loudmouth Exhaust
                        17K Miles

2005 Acura TL - Silver on Black
                        Navigation - Surround Audio - Bluetooth

Comment

Originally posted by 02 WS6
                          I'm going to throw a vote out there for the SLP LoudMouth. I realize it's a different price range, but for the money, it sounds incredible.... Especially at WOT.
                          I'll second that
                          Steve
                          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
                          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
                          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
                          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Originally posted by Craig 94 TA GT
                            Borla with the cutout open sounds like all hell is breaking loose IMHO. Great rumble, and when mating with headers, it's as loud as heck. What's great is that you can close the exhaust with the e-cutout to change the tone completely and quiet it down some.
                            If the cut-out is open... why does it matter what catback you are using?
                            Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
                              Is this for an LS1 or LT1?
                              Important question... the higher revs of the LS1 really bring out a refined high-pitched sound out of the Corsa. You can't go wrong there.
                              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
                              X