evil evil rust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evil evil rust

well i found what i have been dreading. rust. its eating up the drivers floor pan. i guess its expected. now what i have found is compleat floor pans from www.classicindustries.com part #C12179 thats for the left side pannel. but what i am wondering is if i can find just the piece between the firewall and the front support for the seat. full square. or do i have to replace the whole piece?

I don't know what you're working on, but you may want to look around. Classic Industries is SIGNIFICANTLY higher on their parts than comparable companies like National Parts Depot and other restoration suppliers. I am using NPD, Ames (Pontiac only), and the always wonderful ebay for my restoration, and NPD and Ames are both a good 10-20% less for the exact same part as Classic. My last order with NPD was around $1300, and I only had to pay like $10 in shipping because one piece was considered oversize. The box I got was 5.5 feet long, 18 inches wide, and probably 3-3.5 feet tall! They were also cheaper than anybody else, and also had a couple of parts that you can't get from anybody else. So shop around before you make a big purchase, especially on something as big as a floor pan. You may find another supplier that sells just what you need, or the same thing for less money. I can definitely vouch for NPD and Ames, they both answer the phone with a human, take the order quickly, and verify that everything you order is what you want by repeating it. Ames offers online ordering, and I usually get it in 3 days. NPD was 2 days, but they are a lot closer to me, so go figure.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

sorry man forgot to tell what i got. it is a 89 firebird. it seems that ames only has first and second gen parts and ndp went to some marketing place. but thanks for the advice. will check out ndp more when i get off work.

piece

Comment

I believe it is www.nationalpartsdepot.com .
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Working...
        X