Service Engine Soon light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Engine Soon light

My service engine soon light is coming on and going off intermitantly. Cleaned my KN filter, made sure my gas cap is tight.
    One time it stayed on for 190 miles, 2nd time it stayed on for about 32miles. Has always come on when gas tank is below half full. [ Oh, the light stays on solid, not blinking].

I'm thinking about buying a new gas cap. If that doesn't do it any ideas??

Thanks

one idea is to have the code thats set read. autozone and lots of places can do that as well as the dealer. that way at least you know what the hecks up.......

just my 2 cents.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
    Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
    sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

Step 1 - Unbolt gauges
      Step 2 - Unplug SES light
      Step 3 - Bolt gauges back in

You wanted ideas...

Seriously, get by autozone or ask around and see if anybody has a code scanner or an autotap. It could be any number of things, from an off O2 reading, to an EGR issue, to who knows what else.

When all else fails, see my step by step repair manual above
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Have Autozone scan the codes and post them. Then we can convert the codes for you.

Comment

Hey guys, I pushed hard and turned my gas cap and it felt like it turned about another 1/4 inch. The SES light went out in about 2
          blocks of driving. I've ordered a new cap from the dealer. This one
          must be getting weak or working loose. I'll let you all know if it takes care of the problem for good because at 12.95 it will sure be a cheap repair!!!

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X