Got the SS wheels painted white

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the SS wheels painted white

to match the car. I went with the stock ones up front and the 17x11 for the rear with the 315/35/17 tires. I'm on the center cap decals before I install the caps but it came out looking pretty good.

69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored
    70 SS 396 L78 documented, #'s matching
    2000 SS Camaro daily beater

Looks very nice, that's one clean looking SS, still looks new.
    02 T/A, A4, lid, exhaust, 3.73s, suspension, MT DRs.

Dynojet 335/ 338 Mileage 30,000

Comment

I have always liked the white on white look - looks great!
      Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Actually, the car has 85K miles on it. The passenger side quarter panel has been replaced at some point in time and a good portion of the car was repainted. But the driver's door looks to be the original paint so you can see it's a slightly off shade of white compared to the rest of the car. I think it's really the clear coat that has yellowed a little. I bought it as something to play around with while my 69 Z28 restoration is being done. I saw a 97 SS 30th anniversary car that the guy removed the stripes and it looked great with the all white/white wheels theme.
        69 Z28 with JL8 factory 4 wheel disc brakes, crossram, transistor ignition, radio delete, heater delete - being restored

Comment

Where did you get the 17 X 11 rear wheels? My brother has been looking for a while and cant find them.
          97 SS #C007
          Polo Green w/ tan leather A4
          SLP headers, Loudmouth, Koni SA, Spohn LCA, Spohn PHR, Spohn relo brackets, pro-kit, B&M Stage II Shift Kit, air foil, 160 therm, LT4 KM, BFG KDW

Comment

sweet side... 17x11 look killer. i got my silver painted with polished lip set about 1 year ago and love them...
            1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

I got the wheels used off Ebay since I knew I wanted to have them painted. I sold the original 17x9 SS wheels that came on the car. If you're getting the 17x11 rear wheels you want the 50mm offset wheels. And even then you still want to trim back the jounce bumper and mounting area up inside the wheelwell so there is no contact. I bolted the wheels up alone and they were just touching the mounts. So I hacksawed off a section and trimmed the driver's side bumper. I think I have about 3/8-1/2" of clearance now.

Comment

that looks really goood. i love that year ss
                1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

Looks sweet.

Comment

I agree , very clean and sharp.SS smoken
                    JackZ28
                    K & N CAI
                    Kooks Header LT's
                    Free Flow Cat, Magnaflow Exhaust
                    Y-Pipe
                    Synthetic Fluids

Comment

A real beauty, that's for sure. If you sealed up that little bit of wheel gap, it'd be just that much sweeter. White on White always looks so clean.

Comment

Working...
                      X