LT1 heads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 heads

I am looking for LT1 used but good heads/intake. I was looking on ebay and have a few questions- does year/corvette matter.
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Some people will argue over the relative merits of the 93-95 heads compared to the 96/97 heads. One set is lighter, the other has more meat for porting. Depends what you want to do with them.

Check out this thread on CamaroZ28.com for pictures and comments:

http://64.65.63.61/forums/showthread.php?t=427346

What is a good set of heads and an intake selling for on eBay? I have the stock heads and intake off my 94 Formula, 60K miles, seemingly in good condition when removed for the stroker buildup. Complete, except for rockers (I have the stockers somewhere, but doubt anyone really wants stock rockers). I'd sell them for the right price.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

basically I would like to buy a stock set. Have them ported and set up for a cam(undecided). Then I will spend money here and there to get ready for the motor build up and have less downtime.

There really isn't any going rate for stock heads and intake
      I saw one intake I was really interested in was going for $75 bare that was glass beaded and clean. For heads there is a wide range but nothing really interesting. It seems like there are an ubundance of corvette heads.
      I LOVE COBRA'S -
      THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

$250 give or take is the "going rate" for a set of used heads and an intake manifold from an LT1.

$50 for the intake and $100 each for the heads. I've seen heads go a few times for $200 shipped, it all depends.

I'd pay more for Fred's (Injuneer). If you end up with his you can be sure they wont have any hidden surprises.

Fred: if you do decide to sell them and "HottestZ28" does not want them, shoot me a PM. I'm looking for a "thick" set to have ported when I do my buildup.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

I actually have no idea if my heads have any hidden surprises. They were removed from my engine in 2000, with about 65K miles on them. I only ripped the stock engine down to build the stroker. Shortly before the engine was removed from the car, I had done a compression test, and got 185-200psi on all cylinders.

When the heads were removed, nothing was done to them. I wasn't even in the USA when they came off.... they were just put in a pile of parts that I eventually brought home from the shop. They are exactly the way they came off the engine, still assembled, but no rocker arms. I put them up in the attic over my garage, and I don't think I have looked at them in 3 or 4 years.

My internet deals always come with a guarantee to the extent that if you find some condition that you don't feel was accurately represented by me, you have the right to ask me to adjust the price, or if we can't agree on the amount of the adjustment, to return the parts for a full refund. I will not pay for the return shipping. I offered the heads to someone recently, and my deal was "if you take them apart and find some defect after you tank them, bring them back for a full refund". The potential buyer was from NJ, so there was no shipping involved.

Let's see where this goes.
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I am guessing that $250 is a good number (injuneer). I really only need a bare set and bare intake. I plan on getting valves, rokers, studs. The intake I will be planning on powdercoating and using my parts off my intake.

These heads and intake are the same as my 95 LT1 head and intake?
            I LOVE COBRA'S -
            THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

status? price opinions
              I LOVE COBRA'S -
              THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

Guy says he wants 'em, but we haven't worked out the handover. We are both in NJ, but sort of at opposite ends.
                Fred

Comment

ok sounds good
                  I LOVE COBRA'S -
                  THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
                    $250 give or take is the "going rate" for a set of used heads and an intake manifold from an LT1.

$50 for the intake and $100 each for the heads. I've seen heads go a few times for $200 shipped, it all depends.

I'd pay more for Fred's (Injuneer). If you end up with his you can be sure they wont have any hidden surprises.

Fred: if you do decide to sell them and "HottestZ28" does not want them, shoot me a PM. I'm looking for a "thick" set to have ported when I do my buildup.
                    Man, the price of good used LT1 heads and IM's sure has dropped. I guess I sorta expected this though because the LS1 parts keep getting cheaper as well.

I was going to put up my LT4 heads for sale, but after looking around at the LTx stuff on eBay and the other forums, I may just keep them for a later project.

Comment

Working...
                    X