Camaro Z28 Acting Really Funny Electric

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro Z28 Acting Really Funny Electric

It started a few weeks ago after doing the intake manifold oil leak fix.

start the car up it acts a little funny went back made sure all my rails and everything where tight started it up again

smoothed out somewhat
    a little rough idle noone else would notice except for me because i listen to everything in it everyday.

It has only thrown codes that both banks are running lean after a few days of them being cleared.

But now for the major problem besides the rough idle and it occasionally dropping to really low rpms 400 in idle. after a small rev to 1,500 The other day i went out to my car to start it i press the door unlock on the transmitter nothing happens i figure o well maybe somehow the transmitter got wet open the door thinking nothing of it go to start the car and nothing happens.

So i think okay batteries dead pull out the charger but never charge it because i had to leave for class within in 5 minutes

i come back later and the car starts up like it never ran dead. and shows 18 or so on the volts gauge.

it happened again tonight i came out of work at around 11:45 and the same exact thing happened except this time it wouldn't start
    so i thought maybe it actually went dead get a jump and nothing appears to help at all until the negative is pulled off my car and all of a sudden it's full power.

any help greatly appreciated.
    1997 Camaro Z28 Pacesetter Long tubes, ORY-Pipe, Accel 30# Injectors, MSD Cap & Rotor, MSD Super Conductor Wires, NGK Irdium TR55IV Plugs, and Borla Catback. Madtuner Tune, SLP High/Low fan switch, NGK o2 sensors

New Longblock at 110,947 and everything above.

Maybe battery cables or grounds are bad.

Comment

That would be a good place to start. I had a real bad electrical gremlin in my car last summer, and after not being able to find anything wrong, it turned out the battery ground cable was bad. Replaced it, and the car was like new again. I'm not sure how to go about testing the cables, or if it would be cheap enough to just replace them and get that out of the way
      -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Working...
      X