Dirt, fuel cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirt, fuel cap

Every time I go to fill my fuel tank, When I take the cap off the back of it is caked in dirt! Im worried about this gettin it to the fuel tank... Is there a cover missin on my car? Or is this just another special gm feature?!
    Screaming Mad
    Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
    Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
    0-60 7.74
    1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Thats very odd! You spinning tires in dirt lately?
    94 Formula LT1 (Aqua Metallic) - Auto. - 104,000 miles - Charcoal Leather Mods: Magnaflow Muffler, Lingenfelter CAI, MadZ28 Tune, 160F Hyp. T-Stat., 1LE Elbow, & Summit Cutout. Options: 155 MPH Gauge Cluster, & 255-50ZR-16 Tires.

Comment

You should not have any dirt in the fuel cap area. If you see it all the time, chances are you are missing one of two things.... the rubber seal that isolates the fuel fill door area from the rest of the fender, or the plastic panel that closes off the inner fender liner, and is used to access the charcoal canister in the driver's rear fender.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
      X