Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFB--ok, what was your most favorite car??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFB--ok, what was your most favorite car??

Following up on the thread about the GTO, what car was your favorite of all time (that you owned)?

Mine was a 1972 Rally Nova, 350, three speed manual on teh floor with a bench seat, marina blue with black Rally Nova stripes. I bought it new in 1972 ($2,650) just a few months before I got out of teh Air Force. It got 13 miles a gallon on a good day, and I had to sell it while in college when gas prices skyrocketed to 80 cents a gallon from 35 cents a gallon. Ah, the good old days!!

It was NOT the fastest car I ever owned, but it was probably the one I remember most fondly.
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

I've had too many I have had many Pontiacs - birds, GP's, the goat. Loved them all. Probably some of the most memorable were some of the Shelby turbos I owned while going through college. I beat the snot out of them; drove em around like I was a Duke boy and had a blast. I could bore you guys for a while with some of the dumb stories in the shelbys. I had 4 over the last 5 years. I still own the Omni - what a pile!
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

91 plymouth laser turbo. picked it up for $500.00 put a new ecu in it and ran 14's at the track.

that was a cheap thrill.

Comment

My "shoebox", of course.

1971 file photo after I traded another car for the Cragars/tires and some cash. I drove the car in high school and still have it in the garage.

This is what I learned to drive on and took my driver's test in.
        My folks traded our '67 442 for the '69 before I started my lessons. The '67 had a 4 speed, 3.90 posi rear, ps and pb only (our family car, lol!). My mom used to smoke punk kids at stop lights.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

1966 el camino. 327 325 hp, powerglide trans, open headers. black with chrome trim. just loud, fun and obnoxious. loved it. sold it with no good reason. wife hated it. well now she's gone and i got another Z28!
          Attached Files
          93 Z28: LT1, AT, 3.73, Insulated IATS, pcmforless.com custom computer program, CAI, BBK 52mm TB, 160 thermo...etc..

clik below on homepage for pics of my 93 Z28

Comment

Another Mopar....

My first car, a bright yellow '89 Sundance Turbo 2.5L. Not the quickest in town, but you could surprise a few people, including F-bodies. 150HP weighing 2700lbs.
            Joe K.
            '11 BMW 328i
            '10 Matrix S AWD
            Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

71 Cuda Vert 440 6 pak

71 Dodge Challenger R/T

98 Viper GTS

LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Hmmm.... tough to pick just one.

1. 95 ZR-1
                2. 86 GNX clone (still have this one)
                3. 67 RS/SS 396 Camaro

There's probably another 6 that really bring back fond memories, another 12 that were pretty good, and another 6 that I could have shot the manufacturer for even letting the things out on the road.

Comment

The 2001 Firehawk I'm having to sell right now.

Attached Files

Comment

Nothing special like Norms. 70-71 E-body are my favorite muscle car. BTW I think it is cool that you can own all different makes of cars and love them all. I've recently learned that. I just wish I could own them. LOL

My 85 Mustang GT. Had a lot of fun in it. Drove it 17 years.

I had a 70 Dodge Dart that I put a 340 6 pack, pistol grip 4 spd and 3.91 limited slip rear. I got pulled over for pulling the front wheels off the ground. I told the cop if a motorcycle could drive on 2 wheels, why couldn't I. He liked that answer so much he changed the ticket to a warning. LOL I have a picture of the engine. I need to scan it.
                    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

well lets see i have had

1985 Grand Marqus

1997 Firebird

97 Firebird, 3.8 5 spd

Comment

it's safe to say the bird I'm driving now...heck, i've been through 3 of em in the last 4 years and i'm only 21.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                        Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                        B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                        Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                        Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Haha, man sounds like all you fellows got some cash flowin.......some really nice cars y'all have.......im only 19 and can barely afford my stock 97 t/a!!!! great cars guys

Comment

The pics are a little over exposed and faded...they are 14 years old. I am taking new ones this week. Anyhow, I have had this '79 T/A for 14 years...I got it when I turned 18 My brother had it before me. It is a special ordered 400 4sp WS6, Noctune Blue, two toned interior, with 39,000 miles. I put about 200 miles on it a year. It may not be the fastest f-body, but it is a beautiful car. I want to leave it mostly factory original, but I am going to install headers, high flow cats, and the dual Flowmaster 2 1/2 fit to the '70 to '73 T/As. I am also going to change out the cam, lifter, rockers, and have the heads decked to a 9.5:1 compression ratio. Additionally, I am going to retrofit the shaker with the functional butterfly and solenoid...then it will be complete. I will probably do a full restoration on it someday which will be easy since it is complete with one beautiful interior that is basically flawless.

Here is the W72 engine: http://www.angelfire.com/wa/angryclown/CanAmW72.html (Remember that these numbers are based on a single 1st gen pellet style converter choking up the engine) I love driving it with the 325 torque @2,220rpm
                            Attached Files
                            '77 K5 rock-crawler project
                            '79 T/A: WS6, 400 4sp, 40K miles; Completely stock and original
                            '87 Lifted 3/4 ton Suburban (Big Blue) plow truck
                            '94 Roadmaster Wagon (The Roadmonster) 200,000 miles and still going
                            '97 T/A: (SLP 1LE Suspension, SB, & sfc(s), Loudmouth); 4.10s; B&M Ripper; R/A Hood; ZR1s
                            My daily drivers: '06 Jeep Liberty CRD (wife); '01 Yukon Denali XL (me); '03 Stratus Coupe (me)

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
                            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

My 69 Roadrunner was my first car and I got a lot of nookie in that car. When I got to the point that I was wasting all my money on it, I replaced the 383 4 spd with a 440 six pack with a Weiand crossflow manifold and a Marvin Miller port plumbed nitrous setup. I had TRW 10.5:1 pistons and a forged crank out of a rail. I put in a Ratco 727 trans with a full manual reverse shift valve body and B&M ratchet shifter and a Hughs 3000 stall converter. I found a Dana rear end with a 3.91 gear in a junkyard for $160 and replaced the stock 8 3/4 rear. Anyway, I wasted a ton of money on it and my dad made me sell it when I was in college for $2400 - this was in '85.

Comment

Working...
                              X