quick questions on radio wiring!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick questions on radio wiring!!

Do all camaro's have a wire running to the rear for a cd changer? I went to pull the wiring harness for the guy I sold it to and it has wires running to my main radio connector and the cd changer connector. I'm not sure what to do. Do all camaro's have that connector already built into the dash with a wire running to the trunk, or not?

Only reason I ask is because I noticed under my seat I have a connector for if I ever upgraded to power seats. I didn't know if they did the same thing with the cd changer.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to send him the connector, but if I can't what's the point of him buying it if he has no connectors??
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

It's easy enough for the guy to check. All he's got to do is look in the driver's side hatch panel area to see.

If his factory head unit is compatible with a CD changer (being '00 or later CD units)... then he will have a harness there , this is for sure.

If he has a factory head unit from 99 or earlier, it won't work with the changer anyways. SOME of the late 99's did, but most don't. I am not sure if the harnesses are included on those earlier cars.

It would be one heck of a project to seperate that harness from your car. No way I'd do that just to sell a changer. Find someone else if there's any doubt, buyers are easy enough to find for them.

Comment

Originally posted by toddwirges
      It's easy enough for the guy to check. All he's got to do is look in the driver's side hatch panel area to see.

If his factory head unit is compatible with a CD changer (being '00 or later CD units)... then he will have a harness there , this is for sure.

If he has a factory head unit from 99 or earlier, it won't work with the changer anyways. SOME of the late 99's did, but most don't. I am not sure if the harnesses are included on those earlier cars.

It would be one heck of a project to seperate that harness from your car. No way I'd do that just to sell a changer. Find someone else if there's any doubt, buyers are easy enough to find for them.
      The older stereos had the CD changer cable already run as well. I don't believe every F-body had the harness run already (as mine does not), but it became much more common to find it already run as the years went by.
      Steve
      79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
      87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
      93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
      http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

Working...
      X