exhaust manifold bolt advice again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust manifold bolt advice again

i have finaly got the drivers side manifold off and found the rear most bolt has broken off flush with the head and the one next to that the head was missing but there is enough left to get hold of with a extractor. my question is what is the best way to try and get the rear most bolt out ? some one said to drop the motor out on the subframe to gain access. i dont feel confiedent enough to try drilling the bolt out with a right angled drill so any advice is very welcomed
    http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
    C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

big burn out movie nats 2003 burn out contest
    mirror burn out movie top ten burn outs

without pulling the head or droppin the motor that is ur best bet
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I had to face the exact same thing, only it was the 2nd to last bolt.
      With all the equipment I had to buy (right angle drill, 6 different special bits, grinding stone, etc.), I would have pulled the head. I had a heli coil on there and guess what, it broke after 3 months Took me an uncountable amount of hours to get it out, and the end result...no bolt there now with stripped threads. Maybe you've got more skill than me, but I just couldn't do it well with limited space.

If it's the last bolt, you can get a set of headers that uses the bolt hole right next it. You wouldn't have to worry about extracting it.
      94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

If it's the last bolt, you can get a set of headers that uses the bolt hole right next it. You wouldn't have to worry about extracting it.
        does any one know if ther is the extra bolt holes on a 93 motor as i can not see any extra holes in the head. edit found the extra bolt holes and what brand of headers use these extra bolt holes? also in the photo above what is the large silver object as mine is broken off
        http://www.pontiacdriversclub.co.uk/ keeping it pontiac in the the uk. 93 formula a4 ZR1 rims
        C A I , B M R torque arm lower arms panhard rod and sub frame conectors borla adjustble with Q T P valve and no cat WHAT NEXT ?

Comment

If you look really closely, there should be 2 bolt holes, side by side to the right of the exhaust port. Unless I'm mistaken, all LT1 heads have both holes. It took me a while to see them both, but they should be there, side by side.
          94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

what headers use the spair bolt holes and are they and are they avilble for a 93 motor because i am lead to belive the 93 is differant to the 94 on motors

Comment

i have just spoken to slp and they said that there headers use the spair bolt hole and they are having a clearnce on 93 coated headers at the moment are these any good ?

Comment

Don't know about anyone else's experience, but mine was horrible. Absolutely ridiculous customer service and shoddy workmanship. The flanges were uneven and leaked. The ring on the y-pipe to hold the donut gaskets was uneven. I had the flanges taken down so far for evenness, that there are now holes where there's supposed to be welds. I contacted SLP numerous times and they've pretended to care, but don't do a dang thing. What I mean is...I initially contact SLP saying I have a problem and show photographic evidence. They then reply "we're very sorry, we can send you this..." or "we can help you out." Then, no word again, no shipment of anything.

How about Pacesetter? I heard they're good and good priced...but don't know which hole they use.

Comment

I've got pacesetter headers on my v6, they seem good and there cheap! But no idea about holes used...
                  Screaming Mad
                  Car: 1994 Camaro, 3.4l V6
                  Pace Setter headers & Y pipe, Flowmaster Z28 exhaust, K&N cone filter. modded 4l60e, trans cooler, strut brace, Eibach pro-kit
                  0-60 7.74
                  1/4 16.52 @ 85.3

Bike: Suzuki GSXR K4 600, K&N filter,Rizla kit, R&G bobbins, Db screen, LED indicators

Comment

does any one know if pacesetters use the spair bolt hole on there headers and what other parts will i need to compleet the instal ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigtow
                      also in the photo above what is the large silver object as mine is broken off
                      its the oil presure sensor
                      93 t/a A4 3.23s
                      95 Formula A4 2.73s >>>>93 t/a 3.23 , !AIR, !cat, !A/C, hotchkis lowering springs, kyb adj shocks, DD
                      99 Camaro z28 a4, 2.73, !AIR, !A/C
                      99 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 v6, red
                      97 3.8 v6 A4 camaro, hardtop
                      93 Camaro Z28 M6, hotcam kit, 150 shot, twin plate clutch, eibach pro kit and bilstein shocks, swaybars etc
                      00 audi a6 4.2 40 valve v8

Comment

Working...
                      X