What size socket for AC clutch??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size socket for AC clutch??

I can't seem to figure out the size of the bolt that is holding the AC clutch on. I can't really see it. Does anyone know what size socket or if it's some "special" tool? Any help would be greatly apreciated.

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Well I figured out I need a tool but I haven't been able to locate one yet. Advance and autozone don't have the right ones. I have to try a couple others tomorrow since they are all closed today. This is really becoming a pain. If they don't have one does any one know know where I can get one online or otherwise? No AC sucks and it's starting to get warm here in FL. Please help if you can. Thanks

96 Z28 A4, K&N CAI, 3.42 gears, Exhaust Cut Out. Best ET 14.02 -R.I.P. 95 Formula-

Comment

Admittedly I have never had the compressor or A/C clutch apart off an LT1, but in most cases, you will need a A/C clutch hub puller/installer.

Shoebox(Rob) may have a writeup on his website.

Comment

I figured out I need the remover/installer tool but am having a hard time locating one. Any ideas???

Comment

Try NAPA or Carquest. I bought the one we use off a MAC Tools guy sitting outside of a local Ford parts department.

Comment

Working...
          X