LM2 compared to the LM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LM2 compared to the LM

has anyone had both the Loudmouth and then converted to the Loudmouth 2 exhaust from SLP. I have heads, cam, LT's hi-flo cats with the LM and of course it is rather LOUD!!!! I need to tione it down a little (of course not too much) for the boys in blue.

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
    KY F-Bodies Unlimited

I would get an Adj. borla
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

You already have a 3" intermediate pipe. All you really need to do is install a quieter muffler in it.

You could install a more conventional muffler in that pipe that exits on the drivers side, then install an electric cutout in the pipe on the passenger side. It would work just like the Borla setup only cost you a fraction of the amount. You could then adjust the volume from the drivers seat... When you the the cops simply turn the volume down.

You could use some flanges like these to install the cutout in the passenger side pipe:
      Tracy
      2002 C5 M6 Convertible
      1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
      Current Mods:
      SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

You could also put a bullet muffler in the I-pipe - that would be a cost effective fix too.
        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
          You could also put a bullet muffler in the I-pipe - that would be a cost effective fix too.
          That's what was done on my LM system. I've been pretty happy with it . Mine's got one from www.sweet-thunder.com and I like it myself, but others run Borla and Dynomax (I believe) and it sounds pretty good as well. Hope this helps.
          Steve
          79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
          87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
          93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
          http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

I appreciate the ideas, thanks!!!

Kevin Villier 2002 SS #186 - 6M with Hurst and "short-stick", T-Tops, navy blue, chrome SS wheels, Bilstein suspension, SS grill, BMR STB, chrome-moly panhard rod and LCA's, SLP SFC's, PPC LT's w/ RT hi-flo cats and hi-flo Y, TEA Stage 1.5 5.3L heads, TR224 cam, ASP pulley, SLP loudmouth, Direct-Flo lid, Holley Power-Shot filter, Mallory polished MAF ends, 4.10 gears.

Louisville, KY

SSOA F02-0186
            KY F-Bodies Unlimited

Comment

Working...
            X