Power Window Motors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Window Motors

OK, newbie to the board here, but asking for help. I'm trying to replace the power window motors in my wife's Camaro. It's a 97 RS, and since you probably wanna know, Full Flowmaster exhaust, K&N, JBA Headers, Hypertech Chip...Otherwise stock. Once the door panels were off, I found where the motors attatch to the door, but how do I remove these types of fasteners? They look like some kind of rivet with a retaining ring. And it looks like if I were to drill them out, I'd have no way to re-install them. What gives? Any help would be appreciated...

You do in fact have to drill them out, the new window motors should come with small nuts and bolts to use in the holes that were drilled. I've had to do this twice...its not a fun job...but fairly straight forward.

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Here's the proceedure:

Power window motor fix

Comment

My Passenger motor is bad too...

I am on the list of uncountable masses that have replaced (or will replace) these motors - they apparently really stink. My window creeeeeeeps up and finally closes. The site linked above is outstanding. Beyond the window motor procedure, it contains a wealth of other info - worth checking.

http://csce.uark.edu/%7Ejgbertr/rb/4th_gen_tech1.html
        1996 Z28 Convertible, 6 Speed
        Factory Chrome Wheels, CAGS Disable,
        Big Block Hood, Spintech Split case Muffler
        w/ 4" Pipe

Comment

Working...
        X