New pics - lowered and painted intake - no 56K

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pics - lowered and painted intake - no 56K

Here are some new pics of my car. I installed some Hotchkis lowering springs and had my intake painted at a local shop. I painted the valve covers and coil pack brackets myself.

Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Dyno'd 4/24: 330.9 RWHP/ 344.8 RWTQ (Before cam, headers, and pulley)

Dyno'd 5/1: 383.5 RWHP / 380.5 RWTQ (393 actual RWHP)

Lookin good as always Casey!

How do you feel about painting the rear bumper above the tailpipe outlets a charcoal gray? I think that looks really good - and would be very nice on the pewter car.
    Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

my god, the difference in a lowered f-body vs stock is so beautiful. Looks great. I always thought these cars had way too much gap in the wells.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by Jay 02 TA ws6
        Lookin good as always Casey!

How do you feel about painting the rear bumper above the tailpipe outlets a charcoal gray? I think that looks really good - and would be very nice on the pewter car.
        That is actually the next mod -
        Silver 02 WS-6, 6 speed, Corsa cat-back, SLP lid, K&N filter, BMR STB, !CAGs, Lou's short stick, MSD wires, MTI "Hammer" cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hooker LTs, Hooker ORY, Comp 918s, TR pushrods, UMI Sfcs, UMI LCAs, NGK TR55s, Hotchkis springs

Comment

Looks good Casey! That intake came out super nice. I've always liked when people match their intake to the body color.

I also agree with the J-ster. A Charcoal or Gunmetal Grey would look stellar on the rear valance center section.

Comment

Nice pictures! I love that engine bay, its so clean and the paint job turned out awesome. You should get a partially see through silver hood for that thing!
            1996 Z-28 6 speed, Airfoil, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster muffler, Motive 3.73 gears, BBK shorty headers, cut-out, LS1 Driveshaft, no power options (Rare), Prothane tranny mount, MSD 8.5mm wires, Accel U-Groove Plugs, Chrome hurst short throw, TB Bypass, ES Torque arm mount, BMR subframe connectors (weld-in), Lt4 Knock Module, Descreened MAF, '02 SS wheels, Pioneer HU, MTX & JL amps, 2 12" JBL's, T-Top Conversion!

Comment

I like everything but the red conduit covers. That fits in my "rice" category.

I love the intake and valve covers, great job!
              Tracy
              2002 C5 M6 Convertible
              1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
              Current Mods:
              SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Yeah I am really torn on the wire loom. I like it better than the black it came with but I would like to hide it. I know it can be done but tackling the electrical stuff is really scary to me. Mess a connection up and you will be looking for weeks to figure out what happened.

Comment

Lowered looks so much better! I love my car, but it just doesn't look right on the stock suspension. The one thing I worry about with lowering though (aside from the ground effects) is the ride becoming harsh.

How does the ride feel in yours? A little harsher? A lot? or Can't tell the difference?
                  Joe K.
                  '11 BMW 328i
                  '10 Matrix S AWD
                  Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

I was a bit torn on the red corrugated tubing myself, but after seeing more and more cars with it, I am starting to actually like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!
                      Lowered looks so much better! I love my car, but it just doesn't look right on the stock suspension. The one thing I worry about with lowering though (aside from the ground effects) is the ride becoming harsh.

How does the ride feel in yours? A little harsher? A lot? or Can't tell the difference?
                      I have not run it really hard yet but in casual cruising it does not feel noticeably worse than stock. The springs came highly recommended from a guy in our club who is a F-Body road racer. He knew what I was looking for - great stance and firm but not too firm ride. I do a lot of cruising and don't want to give my wife another reason (the noise is the first reason) to not take the T/A when it is nice. I think the drop is PERFECT - I still have a good amount of clearance underneath.

Comment

Sounds good! I'll have to consider it. On my last car I went a little too extreme and the gears, open exhaust combination was a little too loud. There were times I brought along earplugs for longer trips! 2nd set for the passenger as well...LOL! I didn't want to make the same mistake in suspension.
                        Joe K.
                        '11 BMW 328i
                        '10 Matrix S AWD
                        Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

The beauty of the Corsa sytem is it is quiet inside - especially with the 6 speed. But unbelieveably loud with LTs and no cats outside. I don't think I will ever go a different route as far as exhaust.

Comment

I would recommend the spring change. I'm still in the "gitty" stage of how much better my car feels with the new springs. It's like a different car now. I should have done it a long time ago.

With a progressive rate spring it isn't any harder during normal driving conditions. Unlike the stock spring a progressive rate spring increases it spring rate as it compresses.
                            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by casey02ws6
                              The beauty of the Corsa sytem is it is quiet inside - especially with the 6 speed. But unbelieveably loud with LTs and no cats outside. I don't think I will ever go a different route as far as exhaust.
                              Hmmm... sounds vaguely familiar.

Once you open up the exhaust, it's completely throttle dependent - how loud do you want it to be???

WOT could do some hearing damage to someone standing behind the car.

What's your redline now, Casey? 6800? I would love to hear that thing rev up that high.
                              Former Ride: 2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - 345 rwhp, 360 rwtq... stock internally.

Current Ride: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT Limited - spec.B #312 of 500

Comment

Working...
                              X