Door Latch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Latch?

My driver's door latch (I guess it's a latch). The thing below the striker. Anyway, there's a piece of white rubber that is worn away, and was wondering what I need to do to replace it. Will I need an entire door lock assembly? How hard will it be to replace the latch on the door? Thanks.

Can you post a picture?
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Here's one
      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, I see.

That latch is easy to replace. Just 3 bolts and 4 actuator arms.
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Cool. Once I get the part, I get to work. Should I be removing the actuators (I assume the thin metal pieces) from the latch itself or from the other end (door handle, etc). Thanks again for your help, this should be the last thing I need to do for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffs Black 97 Formula A4
            Cool. Once I get the part, I get to work. Should I be removing the actuators (I assume the thin metal pieces) from the latch itself or from the other end (door handle, etc). Thanks again for your help, this should be the last thing I need to do for now.
            You'll have to see what the replacement part comes with as far as actuator rods go. The actuator rods are held in with plastic clips that rotate to lock/release.
            Tracy
            2002 C5 M6 Convertible
            1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
            Current Mods:

Comment

JOB COMPLETE

Thanks again TraceZ. This job was literally a snap like you said, though I did have to transfer the power door lock motor to the new latch. I love this board, the members are always very helpful to other f-body owners!

Comment

Makes me want to replace the passenger side. The driver side closes sooooo much quieter now!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffs Black 97 Formula A4
                  Makes me want to replace the passenger side. The driver side closes sooooo much quieter now!
                  I took both my doors apart a couple years ago and cleaned them all up inside and lubed the latches up really well. They both open and close like new, no rattles with a nice solid "thud" whan the close.
                  Tracy
                  2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                  1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                  Current Mods:

Comment

Working...
                  X