Lowering Hood Hinges?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering Hood Hinges?

I just installed my firehawk hood, its from a 94, but it sits up too high, I can see the bottom of the hood from about the middle all the way up to the hinges, is there a way to lower it or do I need new hinges?

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

You dont need new ones, you need to adjust the ones oyu have.

My Ultra-Z hood did the same exact thing, only not quite as bad. I corrected it by removing the hinges and elongating the bolt holes in them allowing me to adjust it down.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Thanks for the help Trace!

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

A Roto-Zip or Dremel is your best friend in this situation. Don't bother elongating the holes with a conventional drill bit, you'll be there forever.

Comment

Working...
        X