tell me if im being unreasonable.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tell me if im being unreasonable.....

Sorry this is so long but this really pi**ed me off.

I am at the local cruise night yesterday with my 69 GTO. After walking around enjoying the cars, I walk back over to the goat and what do I see.... Theres a guy sitting against the rear trunk lid of my car. I walk over to him and very politely told him I did not appreciate him leaning on my car (with jeans on no less). He got off and I started to walk away. He stopped me and proceeded to lecture me about how I shouldnt obsess about a car. "Its just metal" "If you obsess about owning it, it will own you." Now, dont get me wrong, I know that a car is just a car and holds no real important value, but I told him a few things.

I told him that I know its just a car, but I appreciate the value it does hold and the hard work I put in to bring it this state. I told him that a paint job costs a lot of money and I had to work hard for it.

You know what he told me? " I know what a paint job costs." And he points to his car- A roadster kit car with a Viper engine parked next to my GTO. Probably worth about 80 grand. I looked at him and said "Obviously you've got some money, but some people have to work to have nice things, so dont lean on my car."

The arguement went on for a bit, but self control got the better of me and I did not stuff him in his trunk.

Now tell me if im out of line. Theres no way this guy was a car guy. He shouldn't have even been at a cruise night. He's probably never turned a wrench in his life and he certainly doesnt know the cardinal rule of car shows -- DONT TOUCH. C'mon have some respect.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

good one

hella good job on putting that guy in his place, next time u see go lean on his car and show him how not cool it is.

Comment

I don't think you were out of line. It's your property, not his personal easy chair.

I don't like people touching my car either.

Comment

I would have done the same thing. In my opinion it doesn't matter what shape the car is in.

Do you treat somebody elses car different if it's new or beat up? I hate people who slam their door onto my cars no matter if it is my T/A or my Jeep, old or new.

I travel a lot and drive rental cars where ever I go. Even with the rental I always make sure that I hold the door and don't slam into the neighbouring car.

I also don't sit or lean onto other peoples cars. Just hoping the rest of the world is given me the same courtesy.

I know I must be on those cheap pills again
        97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Man don't even get me started on this subject. I have had the same problem with a couple of guys I know.
          One of them is a young kid, and the other is a fellow F-body owner. The kid just wasn't taught better I guess, so I have had to ask him more than once to not sit on my car. And the other is just not a car guy. Everytime he is near my car he has to lean on it or put hand prints on it and it drives me crazy.

Some people just don't respect cars, and the work that goes into them. I am extremely anal about my cars - some people just don't get it!

But good job on putting him in his place!
          99 TA "RBLUTA" - NBM, M6, Whisper Lid, SLP Fan Switch, 160* Thermo, SLP LM, BMR STB & LCA's.

***SOLD*** It will be missed!!
          93 Formula "FRMLAV8" -383 Stroker

Comment

whenever I see something like that, I prefer to take out my johnson and pee on their shoe. they jump right up from whatever they were doing wrong, no questions asked.

it also subtly conveys the message of don't pee on my lawn and I won't pee on yours.

we could all learn something from dogs.

Comment

I think you were more than justified in asking him not to sit on your car. A lot of people don't seem to understand that if it's not theirs they shouldn't touch it. Even if we're not talking about a car. If it's not mine, I don't touch it. Simple!

Andy

p.s. was this at the Log Cabin?
              '94 Formula M6, XE224/230 w/1.6 RR's, hardened pushrods, Comp R lifters, SLP ceramic coated shorties, Random Tech cat., Flowmaster cat-back, CSI water pump, vented opti, PCM tuning by Spraytheway, BMR k-member, SFC's, DSL, LCA's & brackets, adj. PHR
              339 RWHP, 341 RWTQ
              '00 S-10 ZR2

Comment

I w/ of kicked his azz on the spot then told him not to lean on my ride

Thanks Mike

Stealth Performance
                www.stealthperf.com
                (503)531-3170
                (leave message)
                E-Mail:
                sales@stealthperf.com

Comment

You dont just go and sit on a strangers porch and kick back do you? I see a car the same way, it just isnt cool....
                  1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

2 words

Proximity Alarm

I think that those car alarms that talk to you are cool

"Step away from the vehicle NOW"!

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

After his reply, you shouln't obsess over a car...I woulda said, "you're right..." and hopped up on his car, making myself comfortable.

You handled it better than I ever could have broh, I would have lost my mind...kudos to you.

KnightFire
                      1993 Formula Firebird
                      Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

I seriously doubt the other guy owned what he pointed to. Real car people would respect other's property. Unless you saw him go over and twist the key to drive it off, I say he is full of crap.
                        And no, you have every right to be upset.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLT1

Andy

p.s. was this at the Log Cabin?
                          Yes, usually a good group, but theres always one....
                          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

Originally posted by KnightFire
                            After his reply, you shouln't obsess over a car...I woulda said, "you're right..." and hopped up on his car, making myself comfortable.
                            KnightFire
                            Actually, I was really contemplating this, but he left right after our "talk".

Comment

Well, if he got in and drove away, than he's definately a moron. Reminds me of a time I took my GN to a cruise. I no sooner parked and slipped inside the joint to get a burger and this POS walks up to the car, turns around and sits on the front header panel. I walked outside and told him....... well nevermind. You get the idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X