ghost flames

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghost flames

Ok a good friend of mine does some custom paint jobs and he told me that he would do some ghost flames on my white 98 Z28. now the question is what color should i have them accented in, red, blue, purple,orange,yellow??? i dont think ill go red cuz it might turn out looking like pink but and suggestions would be nice.

Do you have any colors already incorporated into your car? Like if you have neons, amplifiers, different color seats, etc., take that color and make the ghost flames out of it. I'm assuming that when you say ghost flames this person is going to use like a colored pearl to make the flames. Otherwise, they really wouldn't be ghost flames since you have a white car.
    "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

The point of "Ghost Flames", I think, is stealth. If you have a white car, I'd just go with kind of a pearl white... any color in it would make it stand out too much, I think.
      Just my opinion.

Comment

buddy of mine had a t/a that was that dark purple, and had chameleon flames sprayed on it. looked sick, and since the majority of colors in that chameleon paint are darker colors, it blended in 90% of the time.... depended on the lighting and angle.

looks awesome on a darker car though.

he also had the tips accented in silver.

wish I had a picture of it.

Comment

well the flame is gonna be a pearl white, the kind that you can only see in different angles and just the tips were gonna have color so what the main flame itself was pearl and the tips were blue mixed with the pearl so that it disapears and there is only gonna be one coat of paint so they arent going to be that bold. if i were to just do the whole thing in only the pearl would that look good?

Comment

you would most likely want to accent the tips like you said, you need to give them some form, otherwise it will just seem like mismatched paint....... I would spray the pearl on a little thicker, so that it does make itself known when light hits it.

don't spray it on so light that people are just wondering what in the hell it is.

they won't be blatantly visible if you spray them on thick enough to show up clearly. Whoever you are having do your paint work will know what to do I'm sure ( i hope).

I'm sure it will turn out badass.. you should post some pictures when it's done.

Comment

Although these are more obvious than ghost flames, I likes the effect. I want to do something similar to my car.

Comment

Working...
              X