Engine Mount for 93 Z28

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Mount for 93 Z28

The driver side engine mount on our 93 Z-28 has collapsed. The normal outlets for those parts claim that the right and left sides are interchangeable. I can assure you that they are not. Dealer wants $109 and has to order it.

Anybody got any suggestions on a source of replacements>

Thanks,

Tom

I recently replaced the engine mounts in a 1994 V6 Camaro and they were interchangable. I always assumed the V8 mounts were interchangable as well.

edit-
    now I'm confused. I just went and looked at the parts diagram for it.

It appears that on the passenger side there is a bracket that bolts to the motor and a mount that bolts to the k-member, but it looks different on the drivers side. It looks like the mount bolts to the engine and the bracket bolts to the k-member.

What is really confusing is they list left hand and right hand parts for the one on the drivers side, but they only list right hand parts for the one on the passenger side.
    Tracy
    2002 C5 M6 Convertible
    1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
    Current Mods:
    SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

That seems to be the common thought

All of the autopart stores show it to be interchangeable. Chevrolet shows them as different assemblies.

On our 93 the rubber part is up on the engine block and is held in a triangular shaped, riveted plate with three fasteners.

On the passenger side the rubber part is attached to the subframe and is held on by four fasteners.

GM Parts Direct shows it as a unique part number 22188799. I am checking with them to see if it is really the part that we need before ordering.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas L. Parker
        All of the autopart stores show it to be interchangeable. Chevrolet shows them as different assemblies.

On our 93 the rubber part is up on the engine block and is held in a triangular shaped, riveted plate with three fasteners.

On the passenger side the rubber part is attached to the subframe and is held on by four fasteners.

GM Parts Direct shows it as a unique part number 22188799. I am checking with them to see if it is really the part that we need before ordering.

Tom
        That is what I see in the diagram.

Part numbers:

Drivers side:
        10229057 - metal bracket mounted to k-member
        22188799 - rubber mount on engine

Passenger side:
        22188293 - rubber mount on k-member
        10198334 - metal bracket mounted to motor
        Tracy
        2002 C5 M6 Convertible
        1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
        Current Mods:
        SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

They are not interchangeable. The driver's side has the k-member stand bolted directly to the k-member and the clamshell is bolted directly to the block. Just the opposite for the passenger side.

The clamshells themselves are different and have different bolt patterns.

Comment

I helped a buddy swap solid mounts into his 94 T/A, and the left and right sides were definitely different.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
            X