Engine mounts revisited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine mounts revisited

I noticed that several companies are offering poly inserts for the engine mounts used on the 93-97 LT-1's. Has anybody tried these yet?

Thanks,

Tom

Yes, Prothane.

http://www.f-body.com/forum/showthre...t=motor+mounts

My quote from the thread:
    "- To raise the motor, I used was a jack, soft cover 1000 page book, and block of wood.
    - It was a complete PITA to do. It may have been easier with stock manifolds rather than short/mid-length headers. The headers needed to be moved out of the way.
    - For the driver's side, the clam shell needed to be bolted together once the rivets were drilled out. They gave 5 bolts: two 3/8", and three 1/4" bolts. The 3/8" ones needed to be torqued down to around 36 ft-lbs, and 1/4" bolts to around 24 ft-lbs. At just over 20 ft-lbs, a 1/4" bolt snapped right in half. So I ended up leaving them around 20.
    - The passenger's side needed finese to remove. The starter needs to be removed to get the whole mount shell/assembly out. And the edges of the mount cover part of the bolt holes. I used a hacksaw to cut about 1/3" off each corner.
    - There are no extra bolts for the passenger's side clam shell because it naturally tightens down when bolted to the k-member."
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
    X