LT1 Intake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 Intake

buddy needs to do one on his 97 formula, i remember hearing that they are dry intakes, is this true? and egr tube, how does this come out(i assume it goes thru it) and any other tips?
    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

LT1 intakes have no coolant passing through them. The tube for exhaust supply for the EGR merely unbolts from the back.

pic
    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
      buddy needs to do one on his 97 formula, i remember hearing that they are dry intakes, is this true? and egr tube, how does this come out(i assume it goes thru it) and any other tips?
      Dry intake means only air passes through it.
      Wet intake means air and fuel pass through it (carburetor, TBI, etc...)

So yes, it is a dry intake.

Use the shoebox to help you out with problems, pictures, etc... It's one of the best LT1 sites out there, if not the best.

I've never once had to take an EGR tube off of an LT1, but I can't imagine it being something a basic set of hand tools and a slight bit of knowledge can't take care of
      black 95 t/a, a4, beefed up tranny w/ higher stall converter, transgo shift kit, trans temp gauge, trans cooler, richmond 3.73's, loudmouth, hypertech programmer, 160 thermo, descreened maf, TB bypass and airfoil, trick flow intake elbow, underdrive pulleys, moroso cai, edelbrock panhard rod, bmr stb, slp sfc's, fiberglass firehawk hood, hawk pads, taylor wires, ngk plugs, royal purple fluids,...and hopefully more to come

Comment

It's "dry" in the sense that coolant does not pass through it like it does on a Gen 1 intake manifold.... that's what Shoebox was clarifying.

The EGR tube is connected with two studs.... remove the nuts and the tube should come off easilly. Look at Shoebox's "pic".
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanx guys, should make the project a lil easier now knowing what to do(doing ti in his driveway)
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
          X