arizona speed and marine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arizona speed and marine

are the arizona speed and marine headers any good?
    1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

I have them and love them. They have 2 problems the coating is not so good and bolt clearance very bad.
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

Originally posted by HottestZ28
      I have them and love them. They have 2 problems the coating is not so good and bolt clearance very bad.
      the bolt clearance next to the primarys that bolt to the head? were at in pa are you?
      1996 Trans Am WS6

A4, 3" VForce Catback, Corvette C6 rims, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, 160*stat, BMR SFC, HPP3, B&M Shift Kit.

Comment

I like all the AS&M stuff. Great quality and excellent customer service(at least for me), and there coating issues and jig alignments are constantly being worked on.

The AS&M mid-lengths are a great street/strip header and will give you plenty of ground clearance.

Comment

I have the RK's which are nearly the same. Both are difficult to install and bolt clearance and plug access is bad. You will most likely encounter fitment issues which require some creativity.

They perform great and they are the next best thing to LT's since they have the 1.75 primaries. Very happy with them.
          1995 Z28 Convertible, 350ci LT1 73K miles M6.
          Dyno results: 301.5 RWHP 326.7 RWTQ
          Performance Mods 4.10 gears, AS&M CAI, MADZ28 tune, Borla catback, RK Sport mid-length headers, LT4 valve springs, CC pro mag 1.6 RR's, LT4 KM, MSD OVC wires, TB bypass, 160 t-stat, SLP clutch plate w/Kevlar dual friction disk, 52MM TB, TB air foil, 1LE aluminum driveshaft, ASP UD pulley, LS1 brakes w/ Hawk HPS pads, LCA's and PHB.

Comment

How about the edelbrock shorty headers for the F-body ls1? Are they any good? They come in several different coatings one being ceramic since I hear thats the best one.
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2317021/1

2001 Blk Firbird Formula 6 sp hurst shift (my toy) Upgrades: American thunder Flowmasters, Cross drilled rotors, Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel. Car is in Bodyshop for full painting now with Ram Air, Rims, and wing being installed.
            2006 Blk Cobalt SS (my commuter car)
            2003 Harley 1200 sportster 100th anniversary (For sale)
            2007 Jeep compass

Comment

Had them on my 94 (RIP)and I liked them alot. If I had to do it over I would do Long tubes.
              Kbddsfc,B&M Ripper,Ws6 Rims,Hotchkiss Stb,Bmr Lca,Gwphr,Strange 4:10's,LPEds,Borla,AS&M Headers,RT cat,Powerslot rotors,Hawk Pads R/Pf pads Fr,Mba shift knob,Slp Hood&Airbox,Holley Powershot filter,Fernco mod, Lt4km,Firebat decals,T/A Girdle,HPP.160stat,Bilstein shocks,Z06 Brakes,AFS ZR1's,GSD3's.

Comment

I bought a set of the AS&M's used ($175 ) and they are great headers. Never found the bolts or the plugs to be a serious problem. The HPC coating that came on them is finally starting to deteriorate (the headers are 8 years old), with some small dots of rust on the weld spatter at the main flange. Even where the coated headers were drilled and welded for an EGT bung, there is minimal deterioration of the coating. And these headers have been exposed to some serious levels of boost and nitrous.

I got them after a buddy of mine dyno'd around 800HP, and found the AS&M's made more peak HP than the Hooker LT's. It was only when he pushed it above the 800HP level that he was able to get better performance out of another brand. That's when I got his AS&M's "cheap".

Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by redws6
                  the bolt clearance next to the primarys that bolt to the head? were at in pa are you?
                  Montgomery county. Yeah 2 header bolts had to be cut and totally forgot to antisieze drivers front primary putting them in. Wish i could have had them without AIR tubes
                  I LOVE COBRA'S -
                  THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

Comment

Originally posted by HottestZ28
                    Montgomery county. Yeah 2 header bolts had to be cut and totally forgot to antisieze drivers front primary putting them in. Wish i could have had them without AIR tubes
                    im afraid of breakin off a header bolt in the head....im in montgomery county as well. which part are you from?
                    1996 Trans Am WS6

Comment

I too like the AS&M's. I havent had much of an issue with fit either, although the coating is starting to rust, but only after 5 years and being in and out of the car several times.
                      Attached Files
                      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
                      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Working...
                      X