This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse GS-T

I raced an eclipse GST for a tenth of a mile and won by about 2 car lengths. I have a 94 formula M6 all stock but a moroso Cai, the girl I raced has about 210 hp of course she claims 240. I don't know a whole lot about turbo charged eclipses, was it acceptable to win by only 2 car lengths?
    94' Formula, T-56, Moroso CAI

That really depends. I'm no fan of eclipses but the 4g63t (2nd Gen, 95-99 I believe) engine can produce some pretty nice numbers with little mods, and are capable of handling over 400HP on the stock internals. Typically a GS-T will run a low 15, so chances are it wasn't stock.

Comment

It was acceptable to have beaten the eclipse by that much, but a GIRL!! C'mon.
      96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
      11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

the gst is supposed to run around the mid 14's in the quater.....a stock 4g63 motor only puts out 160 or so to the wheel which is bad for a car the weighs over 3k pounds......the motors are very strong though and can handle a lot of hp.....about 350 before the internals need to be upgraded however if it was a 5 speed they'll fry the tranny at about 250 and if it was an auto it can handle up to 400 stock......I don't know what is done to your car but good kill....they are a quick car stock and can become very fast with a few thousand in mods......btw if she was claiming 240 to the wheels then very good kill cause that would mean the car had an upgraded turbo with all the bolt on goodies to go with it......also I'm new to this forum....I'm selling my gst for another camaro

Comment

Originally posted by slmdeclipse
          I'm selling my gst for another camaro
          Good choice.
          96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle

Comment

You can delete your own post. Click on edit below your post and look at the top of the screem.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
              Good choice.
              hey don't knock the eclipse it's a fun car that'll run with v8's all day long......but the camaro is much more comfortable.....plus rwd, really miss that....

Comment

it's acceptable if you race at the track.
                on the street.....nothing is acceptable.

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
                Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
                sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

hey don't knock the eclipse it's a fun car that'll run with v8's all day long......but the camaro is much more comfortable.....plus rwd, really miss that....
                  It may run with some V8's........(My grandma has a bonneville with a v8) but a lot of guys here would probably laugh if that pulled up and wanted to race. I've got a turbo powered car running low 14's, its fun, but its not POWER. Theres nothing like good old american torque.

Comment

You know the Eclipse was in the running for my first new car....along with Talon of course. I couldn't justify the cost of one though for the performance....I would've gotten an LS-1 if I had had a few grand more. In the end I went with a 98 Camaro 3.8. I sat down took it on a drive and I was home. Funny thing was even my V6 could run with Stang V8's of it's day!
                    Joe K.
                    '11 BMW 328i
                    '10 Matrix S AWD
                    Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by N20LT4Bird
                      It may run with some V8's........(My grandma has a bonneville with a v8) but a lot of guys here would probably laugh if that pulled up and wanted to race. I've got a turbo powered car running low 14's, its fun, but its not POWER. Theres nothing like good old american torque.
                      I will agree with part of what you are saying...however I know of a few cars you would laugh at if they pulled up next to you and wanted to race....however they would beat you....now I'm not stupid my car isn't faster than yours and who cares......I know people with 4 and 6 cylinder cars with faster 1/4 mile times than you.....I'm not supporting the import scene just the people that truly love modifing cars.....fact is 90% of the people in the import scene think they are better then everyone else and are jerks, idiots you name it......after 5 years in the import scene I'm tired of these people and the cars that I used to pick races with I once again want to own.....seems like people that are into building up camaros, firebirds, mustangs and so on are much nicer and cause less drama.....I always loved f bodies but just because it's a 4 banger don't think it can't outrun ya.....btw...please nobody take this the wrong way....I am by no means trying to start anything....

Comment

okay, I know that I am a newbie here and have 0 senority (spl?) here, but I would just like to say that I love the good 'ol American V8 torque, but some imports are very nice and have their own quirks. For example, I am part of NASIOC (North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club) and am a huge fan of the Impreza line, in particular the WRX (and of course the STI ). Anyways, the thing can outhandle pretty much any RWD, or FWD for that matter, car because it is very well built, pretty solid, AWD, and a turbo kickin in there. It might not be able to keep up in a straight line as well as most of the guys here, but I can almost guarentee that it can keep up with almost all of yall in the turns.

Also, for the record, I am a CAR freak. Not particular to Imports or Domestics. I love all good cars and respect anyone that mods their car. Unless it is rice, of course . Then the flaming and fighting shall begin
                        my car:
                        '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
                        check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

Id like to see a WRX and a ZO6 go at it on a roundy round course. All wheel drive is nice for some things, but theres a reason most race cars are rear wheel drive.

Comment

stock for stock? Yeah, the WRX could keep up, but not enough. The main reason why you don't see that many AWD cars on the track is because 1) AWD is to heavy for tracks and RWD cars can be made to handle just as good from less weight for track setups and 2) pretty much the fastest USDM car Subaru makes right now is the STI, which is very nice at 300hp at the crank, but there isn't a whole lot you can squeeze out of that 2.5. WRC is as fast as they come, but I don't think they could hang with 1000hp RWD LeMans cars

also, seeing how you are from NY, you know how AWD could get ya out of trouble in some crappy weather
                            my car:
                            '86 Caprice Classic. Soon to have a 350 crate motor. Shooting for 300rwhp.

the project:
                            check the www for pics, but a '36 Chevy Master Sedan, MII front end, Jaguar IRS, '93 LT1 powerplant with plans for 350rwhp, and many many other goodies

Comment

however I know of a few cars you would laugh at if they pulled up next to you and wanted to race....however they would beat you....
                              I just downloaded a video of an 8 sec. honda, so I realize that there are fast 4 cylinder cars out there; I wont argue. I have yet to pull up next to one. There arent too many 11 second rice mobiles. (Much less 10 second ricers, like the fast and furious would lead you to believe.) I wont knock a 4 cylinder that can really run, but most I have seen are 14-15 second cars and the kids driving them have no clue what a real fast street car is. Like I said, I've got a 14 second Omni and I do run it at the track and beat some mustangs and camaros. But when I wanna go fast, I bring the bird. I realize its not the fastest thing in the world, but at the local track, there arent too many street cars (true street cars) that keep up, and 0 rice mobiles.

Comment

Working...
                              X