Posi unit making thumps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posi unit making thumps

I dont understand all I had done was my differential oils changed. When I picked up the car I feel my rear diff thumping when I step on the gas or taking sharp turns. Especially right turns where I feel it more. What happened hear guys? I added an additive that stops differential clanking but it hasnt stopped the problem. What should I do now?
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2317021/1

2001 Blk Firbird Formula 6 sp hurst shift (my toy) Upgrades: American thunder Flowmasters, Cross drilled rotors, Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel. Car is in Bodyshop for full painting now with Ram Air, Rims, and wing being installed.
    2006 Blk Cobalt SS (my commuter car)
    2003 Harley 1200 sportster 100th anniversary (For sale)
    2007 Jeep compass

Are you sure you didn't break the trans mount?

I have a 2001 rear and and it rattles. It bugs me.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

No I didnt. We all know our cars, and I felt it immediately after I picked the car up. I took it back they added an additive its doing it less, but its still there. I am guessing that the oil did not reach parts of the diff or its sticking.

2001 Blk Firbird Formula 6 sp hurst shift (my toy) Upgrades: American thunder Flowmasters, Cross drilled rotors, Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel. Car is in Bodyshop for full painting now with Ram Air, Rims, and wing being installed.
      2007 Jeep compass

Comment

Did you use the GM specified LSD additive, or some other brand?
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I am not exactly sure which one they used. I thought the bottle did say GM on it. Was color purple I think.

2007 Jeep compass

Comment

This is what you want in it:

Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

do you have to go to the dealer for that. Will weight of oil make a big diffence.
              2000 trans am auto, Afr 205,tr 220/220 112, mti lid, 160t,umi sfc,hooker headers and ory y,loud mouth. bellow,pr's,harland rockers,new lifters,ls6 oilpump,rollermaster doubler roller, msd wires.

Comment

Originally posted by joe ws6
                do you have to go to the dealer for that. Will weight of oil make a big diffence.
                It's a GM "part". Use with the recommended weight gear oil.
                Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X