Cam size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cam size

What is the biggest cam capable to be run in an LT1? maybe not the biggest, but a good size to get the sound of a hot rod or built engine.
    -Jeff

Does it still need to be streetable?
    -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Wouldn't it be simpler to throw some $$$ at your sound system and download some drag racing sounds http://www.nhra.com/sounds/index.htm - then you could sound like a funny car if you want and still pass emissions with a factory smooth idle

Comment

hahaha thats a great idea, i wonder if the ricers would intimidated.....lol j/k
        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin - Blown 95 TA
          Wouldn't it be simpler to throw some $$$ at your sound system and download some drag racing sounds http://www.nhra.com/sounds/index.htm - then you could sound like a funny car if you want and still pass emissions with a factory smooth idle

You guys are so funny!!! sooooo funny.... (-_-) but seriously, what size would i be looking for. I am not worried at all about emissions, i already have my cats punched out. plus in ohio i dont think we have emissions check points so it doesnt really matter anyway, atleast where i live. so for real this time, what do you guys think?
          -Jeff

Comment

Sticking anything bigger than the LT4 Hotcam(218/228 @.050", .525"/.525", 112 LSA) in a LT1 with stock heads is a waste of time. If all you care about is hearing a lopey motor then just pick any huge cam with a LSA under 110 LSA.

Comment

Originally posted by fastTA
              Sticking anything bigger than the LT4 Hotcam(218/228 @.050", .525"/.525", 112 LSA) in a LT1 with stock heads is a waste of time. If all you care about is hearing a lopey motor then just pick any huge cam with a LSA under 110 LSA.

yeah i understand that, and i should have said im getting trickflo 62cc combustion chamber, and im looking at a 58mm TB and a lt4 intake. but i might have to keep my stock intake till i get some more $$$ if ya know what i mean.. but yes, im smart enough to know that it would be stupid to buy a huge cam with stock heads..
              -Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X