Header Fitment ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header Fitment ?

How can I find out if my headers will bolt straight up to the y-pipe? I have borla shorties that were made for the lt-1 impalas, Im going to do plugs and wires so I figured I might as well send these off to get coated and slap them on, then do the OVC wires. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Can you post a photo of them. I think you should check into this further before spending any money on them - F-Bodies and Impalas are quite a bit different.

Comment

Yea i can get a picture up, i bought them from a guy on craigslist for $100 who had them on his 95 TA, He said they bolted straight on but he also told me some stuff about the wheels I got from him that was incorrect, and he gave me a flange with the headers, would i need a flange if they were direct bolt on's? Will get the pic up when I get home....thanks

SOLD 1995 Trans AM 6 Speed 68k Miles - Ram Air, Borla Cat-Back, AR TTII's, JL Audio W6v2 Stealthbox and 500/1 MonoBlock Amp, Alpine Component Speaker Systems

Comment

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember my Impala required a different configuation of header to fit. That being said, I doubt that an Impala header is going to fit correctly in a f-body chassis. Even worse would be that shortie headers on single cat cars come with their own Y pipe. The only exception was the dual cat 96-97 which requires the use of the stock Y pipe to be smog legal. Those shorties will bolt up to a factory Y pipe.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, here are the pics

Comment

Just found out that these headers arent even for an impala! their for Chevy/GMC Pick Ups!!!

http://www.overnightautoparts.com/he...formancep.html

Why would the guy I bought them from put these on his TA???

Comment

opinions?

The guy who sold these to me told me he got very good performance out of them on his TA, should I even bother with them or should I sell them and get something else?

Comment

Are they 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 primaries?

Comment

I called borla and they said they are 1 1/2

Comment

... tiny things aren't they?
                    1990 Eagle talon TSI- daily driver

78' firebird formula -350/350- stock...now dead

Comment

You do not want 1.5" primaries on an LT1.
                      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

agreed you should try selling them and getting something else. Or maybe see if you can get your money back from the guy perhaps. You should be able to unload them somewhere.
                        -Dan

1986 350 TPI Trans Am, 700R-4, Flowmaster exhaust, CAI, 180* t/stat, low temp fan switch, SFC's....Sold.

Project Status: LT1 disassembled, researching costs, searching for project car.

Comment

Yea I figured they were too small, i only paid 100 for them so Ill throw them on ebay, This guys car was pretty modded up , still dont understand why he chose to put these on his car, thanks for all the input

Comment

Working...
                          X