some opinions would help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some opinions would help

I start my summer job in a couple weeks, and i hope to keep it through the school year as well. So im looking at buying a 93 and up 5.7 LT1, and selling my 97 v6 camaro y87. I live in the midwest and i was wondering if you can help gauge how much i may get for my car, what kinda of Lt1 i can get for under 5-5500K, and if i go to look at an LT1, what i should be looking for and also problem areas with Lt1's in general.

My car 97 camaro y87; 104k; 5speed; 3.23 gears; limited slip.

Maintenance
    new plugs - brand new
    new wires - 4k
    new P.S. pump - 1k
    new radiator - 4k
    new pcv valve - 2k
    new brakes - 2k
    new fuel filter - 2k
    TB throughly cleaned - 3k
    Oil change every 3 months (less than 3k)
    3 new coil packs - 2k
    new water pump - 4k
    new tie rod ends - 2k
    new trans mount - 500mi
    the clutch was changed about 20k ago with a heavy duty clutch (still in great shape, has alot of life left)
    the computer is also new and is under warrenty
    maybe a few small other things....
    All of the maintanience is important, but not extremely diffucult, so im thinking that the list will seem more impresive to someone that isnt as good with cars as you guys are.

The bad -
    There is a stupid bra on the car
    The driver side fender needs to be replaced, as there is a crack in it that is visible from close up.
    There is some touch up paint on the car
    and the is a pretty long key mark on the passenger side (not extremely deep, but still an eyesore).

The car runs strong as hell for a v6, and is being kept up on.

I appreciate your opinions, and your help in giving me an idea of what i can get for my car, and opionions for a LT1
    1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Around 3500 - 4500 ?? Just a ballpark guess . . .
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Wow, the physical shape of your car is nearly identical to mine (bra, key mark, fender needing replaced). I feel your pain . I agree with 97LT1Z28, that should be a good estimate.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Well for 5000-5000 I would say if you we're to be patient you could find a decent LT1 car. Last summer my friend got a 96 M6 Z for 5,500 with 96k on it at the time and it has been good to him. If you are looking for something with some less miles then 100k I would think you might be looking in the 6s. Good luck on purchasing the right car for you!
        1995 Trans Am, 75k, T-tops, 6-speed, Pace Setter Long Tubes and ORY, Custom Flow-TECH Terminator Exhaust, Hurst Shifter, Cags plus free mods........Up next; Tune and CAI

Comment

if ur a summer-job-student i would suggest keeping ur 97 v6. but thats just me.
          ive read up a lot on book values of f-bodies in the past in ur case ur car is about 15k over average milage and the private owner book price i think is about $4000-$5000 in the condition u seem to have ur's in. if u want go to www.kbb.com i think u can get a better estimate there.
          1982 Trans am w/ t-tops
          V8 5.0L 305 H out of an '86 Caprice
          previous owners abused it!!!

Comment

Working...
          X